Sign in to follow this  
RedStorm

C130 hercules in il?

Check out the newspaper thingie on their main page: splash.jpg

There are a couple of Hercules' in that pic, and seeing that all the new addon vehicles that will be in IL are on that newspaper thing too, there's a good chance that we'll see a Hercules in IL. What do you think? (I could've put this in ADDONS&MODS too, but I think it's more like a general question concerning OFP (IL in this case smile.gif )

hmm... its not an ingame screen but a herc would be great... especially for paradrops...

It would look great... but if its really useful... i dont know

ofp isnt made for those kind of planes... dont forget its not a flight simulator .... the view distance is to small confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (B@ZOOkA @ July 28 2002,18:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hmm... its not an ingame screen but a herc would be great... especially for paradrops...

ofp isnt made for those kind of planes... dont forget its not a flight simulator .... the view distance is to small confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Planes work fine in Flashpoint. Its a war simultor, not an infantry sim. But this has been discussed so many times!

they do work... but without a joystick i sometimes gets really hard especially to get them down.

think about what would happen if we got that huge antonov into ofp... it would be impossible to control

it would take 6 km to make a 180° turning and you'd need about 4 km of runway

I know that this problem has been discussed many times but that shows how important it is... i think BI will think about it too before they put a bigger plane then the OA/A10 into ofp

A Hercules only need 600-800 meter long runway, which even the Everon Runway is. The runway length won't be a problem. Maybe the flying height will be, but it would look amazing on the Nogova runway (the one in the desert) don't you think? smile.gif

or like the movie Delta Force where they take off with rocket boosters and land with parachutes

A JATO (Jet Assisted TakeOff) system would be great.  But I don't think the C-130 uses drouge chutes to land.  I'm not sure, but I've never heard about it before.

The planes definately do need work in OPF.  Differential braking (being able to control the left brakes or the right brakes seperately), or even brakes in the first place would help a lot.

ok maybe the herc or other turboprop planes like it would fit into ofp.... but im damn sure that bigger and faster planes like the c17 or c5 arent usefull for ofp... they fly with a speed of 400 - 900 km/h and the view distance in ofp is about 700 meter.... sad.gif so your not able to see the ground if you fly heigher than 700 meters... i dont know what you all think about it but im sure that i wont like it

Maybe that's why they primarilly use helicopters.

smile.gif

I know Hercs often use JATOs to get off the ground. The unway size wouldent be a problem and I think a herc is perfectly suited to ofp. It doesent need a large view distance as it isnt going to be shooting anything.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ July 29 2002,03:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe that's why they primarilly use helicopters.

smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

and i really love those helos biggrin.gif

... but by the way would it be possible to drop maybe tanks or containers with parachutes from a herc... by a script for example?

I heard of a script where helicopters could carry tanks and stuff. Might be close to what you're looking for, do a search on it.

And you never know, the C-130 might be shooting at things. I'm pretty sure if BIS released a C-130 someone would come out with a gunship model of it if BIS didn't already. biggrin.gif

you mean the ac130? would be cool the see it flying across nogova but i think that one does absolutly not fit into ofp... and it has several guns (gun turrets) ... i dont know if ofp does support a vehicle with several turrets confused.gif

I don't know why it wouldn't, they have a commanders and gunner's turret.

But I don't know, I'm not a coding... guy.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ July 29 2002,23:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't know why it wouldn't, they have a commanders and gunner's turret.

But I don't know, I'm not a coding... guy.<span id='postcolor'>

ac130_04.jpg

look at the pic... u need one pilot and gunners ...but how many?.. 4, maybe 5? i dont think the engine supports a vehicle with so many gunners...but i dont no it either so perhaps anyone could help me if im wrong... maybe there is another solution for this prob?

It has also been discussed earlier how to make a AC-130. The solution found then was to make one gunner control all the weapons - actually making one of the guns fire all the ordnance.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (B@ZOOkA @ July 28 2002,18:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hmm... its not an ingame screen but a herc would be great... especially for paradrops...

ofp isnt made for those kind of planes... dont forget its not a flight simulator .... the view distance is to small confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That is to ingame shots of the Herc.It was in the VBS1 presentation video.Most or the units that are in VBS1 are shown it IL.An most of the units Ive seen in VBS1 are Austrailn,heres the real photo from that IL photo

Herc.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ July 29 2002,17:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I heard of a script where helicopters could carry tanks and stuff.  Might be close to what you're looking for, do a search on it.

And you never know, the C-130 might be shooting at things.  I'm pretty sure if BIS released a C-130 someone would come out with a gunship model of it if BIS didn't already. :D<span id='postcolor'>

There is definitely one around...and I saw a rope addon for the Chinook, which actually had a rope coming from the cargo bay aloowing it to haul vehicles, and a script to drop them with a chute. (You could also do silly stuff like dangle an M1A1 from a Cessna!)

Wish I could remember where it was...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There is definitely one around...and I saw a rope addon for the Chinook, which actually had a rope coming from the cargo bay aloowing it to haul vehicles, and a script to drop them with a chute. (You could also do silly stuff like dangle an M1A1 from a Cessna!wink.gif

Wish I could remember where it was...

<span id='postcolor'>

Code Snippets at the OFPEC site. Try attaching a parachutist to a MkII PBR. Parasailing!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mads bahrt @ July 30 2002,07:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It has also been discussed earlier how to make a AC-130. The solution found then was to make one gunner control all the weapons - actually making one of the guns fire all the ordnance.<span id='postcolor'>

What he said.

Kinda like the tanks, press the spacebar to switch from one weapon to another.

has anyone a link to that vbs presentation video? ive never seen it