Sign in to follow this  
blanchjo

Suggestion for IR pointers

Would it be at all possible to add a small point light source (or at minimum a small flare like those used on other light sources) at the termination of the IR pointer laser? Most of what I've seen of IR pointers, the laser diffuses and creates a glow around the point. I don't know from personal experience, and it might just be eye candy/ fluff, but it could be a cool effect (and useful).

I too would like to see that, but in the grand scheme of things it is probably at the bottom of long list of things.

There did used to be a 'blob' at the end of the laser but they removed it, perhaps because it looked sort of ugly. All it needed was a bit of blur or flare though.

Lasers could also be improved by adding a bit of an alpha to them, so they weren't such a solid beam of white.

Also, enemy AI should be able to see and react to lasers if they are wearing night vision!

It would be great too to have the actual laser beam much dimmer in clear weather and the point of impact would be as described in OP, but in foggy weather the beam would be as it is now, very visible all the way.

blanchjo: Yes a blob at the end where the beam hits something would be good. It has that in ARMA2 so maybe that will come it later.

Make a ticket to be sure they don't forget ;)

It would be great too to have the actual laser beam much dimmer in clear weather and the point of impact would be as described in OP, but in foggy weather the beam would be as it is now, very visible all the way.

Yeah, good idea. I also think the beam is too solid by default and would be cool to see it more intensely as it gets more foggy.

Can you make a ticket?

Edited by EDcase

Yeah, good idea. I also think the beam is too solid by default and would be cool to see it more intensely as it gets more foggy.

Can you make a ticket?

To be honest I'd prefer somebody who speaks english as their first language to do it, you know, it's a bit difficult for me :o