Sign in to follow this  
tryteyker

Proper explosion classname + general help surrounding just that

Hey,

I've been working with the editor for a bit recently, but since I've took quite a long break from it and I've never really worked a lot with ArmA3, it's a bit hard to get back into. So the question right now is, I need a proper explosion classname. SIX Config spits out SH_120_HE, which seems fairly reasonable. So I took just that and integrated it into a trigger, using the most simplistic command ever, createVehicle array. Position is essentially a garbage pile (and yes, it's an IED), and I have a lone standing trigger activated by the Civilian side, spawning a bomb with this code.

bomb = createVehicle ["SH_120_HE",(getpos garbage),[],0,"NONE"];

Nowwww, this makes me wonder if the trigger doesn't work or if the 120 HE Shell is essentially just a shell that doesn't explode when touching ground, like they used to in ArmA2. Any ideas?

I dont think the 120 HE rounds are working yet. Try the 82 mm mortar rounds I know they work. What are you naming the object in the game?

What's the classname for the 82mm mortar rounds? And the actual object is done properly, I checked that.

"Sh_120_HE",

"M_Mo_82mm_AT",

"Sh_82mm_AMOS",

"Sh_120_HE",

"Sh_82mm_AMOS",

"M_Mo_82mm_AT",

"M_RPG32_AA_F",

not tried all of them most work

What's the classname for the 82mm mortar rounds? And the actual object is done properly, I checked that.

"M_Mo_82mm_AT_LG"

"M_Mo_82mm_AT_LG"

Unfortunately it doesn't work. I just tested this whole thing in A2, and there it works. So I think it's just about finding the right classname. I'll go through what Blitzer posted.

Thanks Blitzer, M_Mo_82mm_AT worked.

Edited by tryteyker

I know these three definitely work.

"M_RPG32_F","FuelExplosion","HelicopterExploBig"