Sign in to follow this  
Spooky804

Tank Interiors

I wouldn't say infantry centered, it's more of a combined arms game were infantry and various vehicle roles are done in a realistic way. Before Arma I had high hopes for combined arms in games such as planetside 2 and Bf3, but the whole infantry centered part made vehicles a free kill essentially unless you spent a ridiculous amount of time in them or had natural skill. Arma 3 needs to do combined arms right and realistically. It's Militery centered for combined arms warfare.

It's infantry centric. Call it what you will, that's what BIS have always intended it to be, and how it plays out in reality. If they want it to be anything else, they need to invest time in better armour penetration/vehicle damage modeling, than silly tank interiors.

It's infantry centric. Call it what you will, that's what BIS have always intended it to be, and how it plays out in reality. If they want it to be anything else, they need to invest time in better armour penetration/vehicle damage modeling, than silly tank interiors.

I would agree with the tank interiors thing, but the damage modeling for tanks definitely need updating, it's an infantry-centric point also when you factor in infantry needing to effectively counter tanks.

Agreed - I may have over-simplified my views a little too much. Essentially though, there are a huge host of other things that need doing before you even consider investing the amount of time on tank interiors, when the game isn't focused on tanks, or vehicles in general for that matter. As long as it remains infantry centric, with vehicles there as an 'tool' of sorts, then interiors are a sheer waste of developer time.

I feel people fail to grasp that interiors are just as complex, if not more so, to model, texture, light, shadow, etc. Worse so (mostly moot now that BIS can be more inventive with the interiors) when reference for the interiors of many military vehicles is hard to come by.

Edited by Messiah

Didn't the devs also say the beta was going to include a lot of vehicle focus while the alpha is infantry focused? Alpha is infantry centered while beta was supposed to be more vehicle centered.

what i would like is the periscopes to be fully useable, even if they cheat a bit by making it a rotating camera for simplicties sake.

the m1a1 was not fun to drive turned in

Didn't the devs also say the beta was going to include a lot of vehicle focus while the alpha is infantry focused? Alpha is infantry centered while beta was supposed to be more vehicle centered.

That was just in the scope of testing - the series is infantry centric (although that's with a little generalisation)

It was so good that they didn't have touched the animations for the last 12 years. :butbut:

You have to have a brain damage to believe something like that.:confused:

You repeat yourself constantly. :rolleyes:

We have now readen your multiple statements.:p

We want to discuss here.;)

This thread is about Tank Interiors.icon4.png

icon14.png My support for this request!

What on earth are you on about? He asked me a question, I answered it? Your half sentances have done little to continue the topic of discussion either.