Sign in to follow this  
MightyQue

Arma Crashes on BI screen. My problem + solution.

I've been having a problem where Arma 3 suddenly crashes on launch every time. Gives the BI screen and windows notification pops up saying Arma has stopped working.

First 2 times this started happening i ended up formatting my pc and reinstalling windows (7) completely. It would run for a while and then it came again. Once it started doing this arma would never work anymore. I tried reinstalling physx, 3d drivers, Directx, steam, arma itself, nothing worked. Finaly i found the problem out of this forum post:

http://www.free-track.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=3599&page=1

as mentioned by this person, it is for me aswell, simply having freetrack installed makes arma crash on launch.

Hope this is of help to anyone.

This happens because of the faulty FreeTrack DLL that comes with most FT programs. FaceTrackNoIR 1.7 comes with a new FreeTrack DLL that does not have this problem. Even if you don't want to use FTnoIR, I would recommend downloading it and grabbing the new DLL.

And this proves again that if you have problems with ArmA then first try run it clean, without any addons or anything to rule them out as the problem.

MadDogX said:
This happens because of the faulty FreeTrack DLL that comes with most FT programs. FaceTrackNoIR 1.7 comes with a new FreeTrack DLL that does not have this problem. Even if you don't want to use FTnoIR, I would recommend downloading it and grabbing the new DLL.

I take it you dont use the -nosplash parameter, idk if that would help any but it would eliminate the loading screens before the menu,

but you need to post more info of your setup, and what your playing with. Need your

-system specs

-post an rpt

I take it you dont use the -nosplash parameter, idk if that would help any but it would eliminate the loading screens before the menu,

but you need to post more info of your setup, and what your playing with. Need your

-system specs

-post an rpt

This guy has a pirate version of the game (see here).

I did -nobenchmark and it did not work..... Also this is on my brothers pc he is not a good tech guy and he has nosteam version of arma 3 1.36
Edited by ProfTournesol