Sign in to follow this  
K6

Blackhawk down mission

I have used a map called arab isle for my desert missions. There is a nice ravine in it as well, which is great for ambushes.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Pvt. Jackson @ Aug. 02 2002,01:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have used a map called arab isle for my desert missions.  There is a nice ravine in it as well, which is great for ambushes.<span id='postcolor'>

The problem is that for a BHD mission you need much more then just a desert map. You need a desert map with a big city. If you try adding buildings in using the map editor, it slows the mission doing like crazy thus limiting the number of units you can use and the number of people who can play your mission without it turning into a slide show. sad.gif

However if someone made such a map with a big city (preferably with lots of ruins mixed in with mostly small buildings with a few larger buildings here and there) then it would be an awesome map.

If anyone is doing this other then the BHD mod team please let me know!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

hey miles teg,

since i wanna experiment with wrp edit,

i will try and make mogadishu,

i will email you when i start it,

i really want your level to look as realistic as possible

do you want standard desert textures from ofp? or do you have your own textures?

im gonna start this right now

i hope i have helped

Hi Guys back again.

Ok let`s see...

BIS it would be awesome if you could send me a copy of your map so that I can have a look at it. Would be awesome.

I would like to mention that calling the map BHD is ok.

I allready mentioned that I made a map called Battle of Mogadishu (http://www.levels4you.com/df3/index.php3?page=sp)

which was actually the storyline of BHD.This was long before the Movie was out and just after the book was released.

At this time NOBODY was interested in this story.

When I released the map a guy contacted me called Ranger Dan. Well, he was a member of Task Force Ranger and a member of the relief convoy. He thanked me in a long email that I honored this fierce battle with this map....BTW he loved to play it.

I remember your map. If I remember correctly there were about 2 or 3 maps based on the same situation. They were fun. The good thing about OFP is you can use vehicles with ease.

Does anybody remember when a Lufthansa Boeing 737 was hijacked and landed Mogadishu in 1977? That was probably before most of you were born, but that is where the elite GSG-9 took down the plane and rescued the passengers and crew. They killed 3 of the 4 terrorists and lost none of the passengers. Some were wounded and one was killed earlier though. I'd like to see some missions based on hijackings, and other real world events, instead of having so many based on "BHD". There is a lot of sourse material out there, you just have to look.