Sign in to follow this  
progamer

How do I spawn ammo crates in a coop campaign mission?

I was woundering if there is a way I could spawn in ammo crates into the game for me and friend to use as we enjoy the namalsk crysis campaign. We aren't really the best players and would like to use some pmc weapons and other guns in the campaign. I was looking at editing each of the 20 missions but that would be time consuming. Is there a way I could spawn ammo crates client side for me and my friend? I was thinking a simple script injector, but would,I get banned for using that on coop campaign?

Edited by ProGamer

Pretty sure that to do that you'd have to de-compile the .pbo file. Not a big deal to do that I think, I use Eliteness and CPBO. Seem to recall Eliteness is the one I use to De-compile and CPBO the one I use to recompile.

Main thing is: target your .pbo => copy-> paste to a folder somewhere with a unique name (this way when you decompile it you know where it is and what it is -> spend the inevitable 1 hour to figure out how the application works to actually get it to work (look under File tab).

Once you have it decompiled, probably the EASIEST way to be able to spawn in your own crates is to use that addon "Loadout Editor" or @LEA.

Memory is a bit fuzzy, but it seems like with that you can spawn in a crate.

Having said all of that (and I'm not even sure that will work), it seems like the whole point of the game is to encourage the user to figure out how to solve the problem at hand with the tools given. Meaning, if they give you an AKM and some grenades and send you on a "sniper mission" then maybe there is some clever way to carry it out despite not quite having the right gear. As in real life, killing an enemy can sometimes be drop-dead easy if you just stop charging forward and approach from an unconventional angle. Once you've got a few corpses to pilfer, your options as far as feasible tactics can change a LOT.

Have fun!

Or take a look at either

MCC Sandbox Mission Control Center - You can use an ibuilt 3D editor to spawn any kind of stuff, ammo, weapons, vehicles, even AI.

@LEA Loadout Editor. - You can configure your own laodouts in a stand-alone java based editor, and lateron can "load" this layout in ArmA 2 with your actionmenu.