Sign in to follow this  
clay55555

Satchel charges

Hey!

I need satchel charges in my mission but since i got the resistance editor upgrade they arnet there anymore would anyone know how I could get some satchel charges without giving up my new mission editor upgrde.

thanks in advance.

p.s. I dont know if this belongs in the addons or mission ed category so sorry if i got it wrong. Thanks

hmm, maybe you could spawn the satchels by using camcreate, like this:

bomb = "PipeBomb" camCreate [x,y,z]

x,y,z are to be replaced with numbers (for the satchels position)

you can use them to spawn the bomb at a position

Hope this helps you

you can use addWeaponcargo or addMagazine cargo "PipeBomb".... look up all the other commands in the command reference (BIS page / editing)

Appearently:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this addMagazineCargo ["Pipebomb",10]<span id='postcolor'>

Neo

No thats not what I meant, I mean I need something that makes a big explosion that I can trigger. I used to use charges to blow up buildings and stuff with triggers, but now there are none to use. But thanks anyway

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> I need something that makes a big explosion that I can trigger<span id='postcolor'>

How big do you need? Will HEAT round do?

You can create it like this:

round1 = "Shell120" camCreate[x,y,z]

If you want bigger boom, maybe you should add a couple of rounds,

or use LGB or so..

You could also use this

boom= "bomb" createvehicle [x,y,z]

this will create a large explosion complete with fire burst

I think this only works with resistance.

I am trying to create a mission where you have to satchel a radio tower, but I have found that no amount of satchel charges will blow it up. I am using the HOUSE Radio Tower (res) model. I have found that helicopter missles will bring it down, but I want my guys to have to get up to it and blow it. I have tried setdammage 0.9 and allowdammage etc. but nothing seems to work. I tried calling an airstrike, but for what i wanted to do with that, it got waaaaaay too complicated (especially for multiplayer). Just want to satchel it. Any ideas?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (fcf_bear @ Sep. 03 2002,07:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am trying to create a mission where you have to satchel a radio tower, but I have found that no amount of satchel charges will blow it up. I am using the HOUSE Radio Tower (res) model. I have found that helicopter missles will bring it down, but I want my guys to have to get up to it and blow it. I have tried setdammage 0.9 and allowdammage etc. but nothing seems to work. I tried calling an airstrike, but for what i wanted to do with that, it got waaaaaay too complicated (especially for multiplayer). Just want to satchel it. Any ideas?<span id='postcolor'>

I'm trying the same thing, but someone gave me a solution. Basically "setdammage" - you said it wasn't working for you - did you do it like this?:

First, use the "Show ID" button to get the Object Number of tower. Then use a Trigger to setdammage to tower at .9 or .95. A satchel then takes it down. (Or rather, a satchel blows it up, it still stands but is twisted and wrecked).

specifics are: TRIGGER OnActiv:

object [insert number here without brackets] setdammage .95

(I think! I can double check code)

I used a square trig activated by West, around foundation of tower. As soon as my team steps onto foundation, trigger invisibly sets damage. They set charges and take off.

poerful one is this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> explosion = "LaserGuidedBomb" camcreate getpos [x,y,z]

or

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> explosion = "LaserGuidedBomb" camcreate getpos man1

the_unknown_one