Sign in to follow this  
Mr ThunderMakeR

New "Throw Gun" ability

I dont know if anyone else has notice this, but while messing around in the mission editor I found a non-working ability "Throw Gun". If u equip someone with a launcher of any kind (law, rpg, stinger, etc.) and no other weapons at all, the "Throw Gun" ability shows up in his command menu when the launcher is in hands, but it doesnt do anything. Im guessing it will be finished 1.30. Anyone else noticed this???

s**t, you're right (I never really doubted you anyway)

Now only if you can drop any weapon when you wanted to...

-=Die Alive=-

doesn't sound like a bug - sounds like something new, just the implementation isn't finsihed.

It seems like a bug, it says "Weapon Throw" and it's not new, I saw it once in 1.00 or 1.10 but then I didn't know how to get it to appear again.

(Edited by Damage Inc at 6:10 pm on Nov. 11, 2001)

I think maybe it was part of a pre-released Beta version of the game, then it was "removed" when the EU version shipped but wasn't totally "removed" and the WEAPON THROW action was left.  I'd like to see this bug turn into a feature in the game, though.

-=Die Alive=-

"Weapon Throw" only comes up when you have no rifle in your hands.

In Status Quo, when you put on your binoculars, then you look into your menu screen, you see "Weapon Throw". It doesn't do anything.

"Weapon Throw" has been in the game since the first Demo. I think it actually did do something in the demo, though.

I hope they fix this ;|

I also want to see the punch move and the gun butt move avail!

Oh well, maybe BIS will get around to implementing it eventually. Would be nice to not have to carry around those big launchers when u dont need anymore. And Diniter, i think u got the wrong idea man, it wasnt for throwing ur weapon at PEOPLE lol...just throwing it on the ground.

"Weapon Throw" works. If you're a civilian and carry some satchels, you can place them with the "weapon throw" command. I mean, you activate the command and then place the charges with the left mouse button.

I just tried to do it (with 1.30), and it didn't work for me.  In fact, there wasn't even the option to "Throw Weapon".  I put a civie next to a ammo II box and he picked up a satchel and then placed it like normal, but there wasn't any throw weapon action command.  Then i tried it with a unarmed soldier, same thing happened, no throw weapon action.

But when I had my Law guy without a M16, the "Throw Weapon" action came up but did nothing.

-=Die Alive=-