Sign in to follow this  
WhoCares

Computer games set for big screen

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jester983 @ July 23 2002,16:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ July 23 2002,23wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I can see it now... OFP the movie...

Oscar nominated for best Writing, with gems that will be remembered for generations to come, like this one:

"You stink Fowley"

tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL.

Oscar nominated for best writing, "Oh no 1 is down" "Damn 2 is down"

Wait wasnt there suppose to be a mod called OFP the movie? I remeber seeing it on CZ but i havent heard anything of it since...<span id='postcolor'>

Other nminations include most intelligent plot.

1: 2, DRIVER, get in Abrams

2: Negative

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ July 24 2002,03:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1: 2, DRIVER, get in Abrams

2: Negative<span id='postcolor'>

2 is a conscientious objector- I think it really comes through in the script, dont you?

Squad, move to DELTA FOXTROT 4 7! Target SHILKA at '11 o'clock! SHILKA is History! Jeep dosnt start with G! Oh, I mean Grass! Hehehee, lots of fun. As for the Max Payne movie, that was written on the instruction manual at the start. They also plan to make another Max Payne game. How about IL-2 Sturmovik hits the big screen? Mission complete, just like the movies, ok lets go home.

I bet Duke Nukem would make a good B flick that I wouldn't mind renting. I'd say Dolph Lungren would play a good Duke. It's already got some of the best one-liners ever in it even though it ripped some of them off from Army of Darkness.

"No one steals our chicks... And lives!"

"Those aliens are going to pay for bustin' up my ride!"

"Shake it baby!"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ July 23 2002,22:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I say, if youre going to make a game into a movie, make a movie out of one with a substantial story line. I think OFP has the potential to be one of the best war movies ever, under that rationale. Aliens has already seen four movies. Might be time to just give it a rest.<span id='postcolor'>

Blasphemy!

Aliens are the greatest series of movies ever...IMHO...even though 3 and 4 weren't so great, a new movie could be a return to form.

But just 1 request to the producers...ditch Sigourney! Her character was tired and redundant by the third movie, and was (rightly) killed off...but the geniuses at 20th Century Fox decided that without her, there would be no fourth movie...so that lame cloning gimmick was used.

I reckon Alien 3 was the best Alien movie! It had class, cause it was directed by pommie smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ July 23 2002,12:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I actually thought Wing Commander was quite good<span id='postcolor'>

ok...I usually just lurk through these random topics....but this.....this requires a response.....

You sir....are INSANE.  biggrin.gif

Wing Commander is quite possibly the worst game to movie adaptation ever....Especially when you consider just how much potential the setting had.  

Heh, just had to get that off my chest...I'm done now tounge.gif

Mortal kombat was the best game to movie however the sequel was plain bad but the Tv series made nice light viewing.

"Aliens are the greatest series of movies ever...IMHO...even though 3 and 4 weren't so great, a new movie could be a return to form.

But just 1 request to the producers...ditch Sigourney! Her character was tired and redundant by the third movie, and was (rightly) killed off...but the geniuses at 20th Century Fox decided that without her, there would be no fourth movie...so that lame cloning gimmick was used."

Hicks should have survived in A3 instead of Ripley. I mean, darn, she wasnt that interesting to start with. Atleast Hicks says cool stuff, sleeps in a dropship and shoves shotguns down the throat of slimy space creatures. Ripley? She chases cats!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ July 25 2002,13:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hicks should have survived in A3 instead of Ripley. I mean, darn, she wasnt that interesting to start with. Atleast Hicks says cool stuff, sleeps in a dropship and shoves shotguns down the throat of slimy space creatures. Ripley? She chases cats!<span id='postcolor'>

Interestingly enough, Hicks was supposed to be in Alien3, but Michael biehn read the script and said "no thanks, that storyline is crap", or something to that effect. wink.gif

"Interestingly enough, Hicks was supposed to be in Alien3, but Michael biehn read the script and said "no thanks, that storyline is crap", or something to that effect."

Seeing as Biehn usually does pretty entertaining characters (action oriented, but what the hey) it might have been for the best. I'd rather he didn't do it at all than did some crappy no-good Alien flick.