Sign in to follow this  
Winters

Multiplayer maps available

Man, this got totally out of hand.

Winters, even if one person was totally insulting you and your maps and thretening to steal them, don't remove them. How about everyone else who likes them? If anyone ripps your maps off everyone will know they were stolen. smile.gif

We aren't enemies here.

ok i will put them back up, as i said in my original post i made the maps to be shared by the wild & crazy ofp'ers of the world. this time i have a link to a site that wont limit the traffic and i will post a disclaimer to warn of the large size smile.gif

About ofp being a broadband game, i disagree i used to have 56k and to my local servers i would ping at about 120ms with my faster connection its around 90 its smoother now and dls alot faster but 56k was perfectly playable and this was 1.0 - 1.1 days now with the new net code playing on an overseas server with 300ms ping lags less than a 90ping to 1.49server. As far as connection speed goes ofp is less of a broadband game than fps's like RTCW, CS, UT etc where the lowest pinger usually wins and the others r at a huge disadvantage, ofp u wont have much of an advantage other than point blank range combat but if the 56ker is smart he wont put himself in that position. Not every one can aford broadband my broadban is adsl thats pretty crap but it costs me 69$ a month 200hours usage.

Helltoupee,

BIS has publicly stated that OFP is a broadband game, if you disagree with that, this is not the place to debate it. I personnaly don't care what someone uses i am just relaying the info from BIS, so whether or not you guys agree or disagree it does not matter since the game makers have said "this is a game best used with Broadband"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Winters @ July 29 2002,05:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"this is a game best used with Broadband"<span id='postcolor'>

all games r, like fps's 56kers r at a huge disadvantage ive played a game similar to cs with 150ping i had 0 chance against a 20pinger. Ofp is alot better with broadband but with 56k its still playable, i have yet to see a game where its best not to use broadband.

This is so far off topic I can't believe I am posting it... But looking at the direction this whole post has gone, I guess it's par for the course! wink.gif

HellToupee, Did you ever play BattleZone 2? The 56Kers actually had an advantage over broadband players. It got to be that I would use a dial up to play BattleZone 2 and then reconnect to the net with my broadband after I was done.

My system saw a 56Ker right in front of me. So I would shoot, only to see my shots go right through him because his connection wasn't fast enough to register the hit and send me a confermation. As a result the hit never happened.

But a 56Ker could hit a broadband player everytime because the broadband connections was fast enough to register the hit and send the 56Ker confirmation on the hit. Eventially Activision figured out that the way they did the hit prediction sucked. It was great fun when Activision released a patch and EVERYONE had the same problem with hit prediction. That's when I stoped playing BZ2

BattleZone 2 was Comedy... Not unlike this post! tounge.gif Can't we all just get along and shoot eachother in OFP.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jason-Alaska @ July 31 2002,14:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is so far off topic I can't believe I am posting it... But looking at the direction this whole post has gone, I guess it's par for the course! wink.gif

HellToupee, Did you ever play BattleZone 2? The 56Kers actually had an advantage over broadband players. It got to be that I would use a dial up to play BattleZone 2 and then reconnect to the net with my broadband after I was done.

My system saw a 56Ker right in front of me. So I would shoot, only to see my shots go right through him because his connection wasn't fast enough to register the hit and send me a confermation. As a result the hit never happened.

But a 56Ker could hit a broadband player everytime because the broadband connections was fast enough to register the hit and send the 56Ker confirmation on the hit. Eventially Activision figured out that the way they did the hit prediction sucked. It was great fun when Activision released a patch and EVERYONE had the same problem with hit prediction. That's when I stoped playing BZ2

BattleZone 2 was Comedy... Not unlike this post! tounge.gif Can't we all just get along and shoot eachother in OFP.<span id='postcolor'>

i played bz2 its mp was alot worse than bz1 bz1 had an ingame browser, anyway did they release a patch? i thought activision released the game and abondoned it like they did to the interstate series.