Sign in to follow this  
Warin

Bush knows more...

He's at it again!

The arrogance of the Bush administration makes me so crazy. Here is an upper class WASP from a privledged family deciding to listen to other WASP's and decide that money he promised to the UN to help with overpopulation in the third world is better spent elsewhere. mad.gif

I for one expect that the UN agency has a far better idea of the problems in the third world than Bush... especially since he likely has a hard time pronouncing the names of the places, let alone actually understanding life there.

Yet another example of letting special interests in the US dictate how others in the world should live their lives.

As for those American that will squack that its 'our money' ... it was PROMISED to that organisation. So much for integrity huh?

It's really not bush's fault though(not sticking up for him).Republican party runs on being pro-life and not cheating on their wifes(But you know they do),and other stuff.

not surprised.

if you want how Bush understands world politics and what he needs to be done to udnerstand it, look at George Michael's 'Shoot the dog' music vedio.

But hits brings funny point.

many anti-US countries contend that US's diabolical method of controling/invading another country is by using money and make that country be slave of it. now that US is cutting indirect association like that, it's getting criticied again. tounge.gif

but any way, Bush is an idiot and not surprising. It's really nice to see Barr and other Republicans shut up about corporate greed, compared to how they went nuts over Clinton's nailing and hammering.

Bush doesn't decide anything, it's everyone around him that makes the decisions and programs him to talk. He's a puppet. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">many anti-US countries contend that US's diabolical method of controling/invading another country is by using money and make that country be slave of it. now that US is cutting indirect association like that, it's getting criticied again<span id='postcolor'>

Now, I would honestly not criticise the US for not being involved in a plan like this. I can see that the far right SIG's would totally have a problem with a plan that involves educating people about human sexuality.

The thing is that this money was promised to this program. But now is being withdrawn because Bush is bowing to pressure from fundamentalist twits.

Next time you Americans curse out fundie muslims, remember that you have your own brand of them in your very own country..but they are ok because htey are 'christians' mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ July 22 2002,22:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bush doesn't decide anything, it's everyone around him that makes the decisions and programs him to talk.  He's a puppet.  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

A lot of Presidents in the Western world are just symbols, and the stupid masses vote for them based on their favorite movie or a joke they made on a tv show confused.gif

They´re like royals, they can´t even go to the toilet without asking permission from the government.

biggrin.gif

But I think that´s the way it should be (the permission, I mean, not the stupid people tounge.gif )

If someone isn´t at least theoretically a leader, the country or whatever will split in two.

Of course, in places like China, Iran and...Zimbabwe the presidents have too MUCH power...

Things you should consider:

1. Bush is from a conservative party and therefore this argument: "Abortion" will work BEST with his stereotypical voters.

2. This fund has been withdrawn but not redirected yet, it has not been decided and there are no urgent plans to do so, just intentions. BTW, how is the financial situation of the US government?

3. Between Family progamming in China and proposal of abortion is a thin margin. As we all know is Sterilisation and abortion an issue that does not please men in these countries but would help the living conditions a lot. Epsecially in China where children are taken away and rotten to death in isolated child-centers. We all have seen pictures of those terrible treatments of children.

4. Isnt the pope gonna come to the US in the few days? Didnt he also forbid to use condoms in the 3rd world?

5. I am hungry, but ate just a few minutes ago!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"If violence doesn´t solve anything, you aren´t using it enough."<span id='postcolor'>

I think your signature is the motto for the US.

smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ July 22 2002,21:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">many anti-US countries contend that US's diabolical method of controling/invading another country is by using money and make that country be slave of it. now that US is cutting indirect association like that, it's getting criticied again<span id='postcolor'>

Now, I would honestly not criticise the US for not being involved in a plan like this.  I can see that the far right SIG's would totally have a problem with a plan that involves educating people about human sexuality.

The thing is that this money was promised to this program.  But now is being withdrawn because Bush is bowing to pressure from fundamentalist twits.

Next time you Americans curse out fundie muslims, remember that you have your own brand of them in your very own country..but they are ok because htey are 'christians'  mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Warin, cool down~~~

I don't like the decision, but just being a devil's advocate here.

yes..american "fundamentalists" are as problematic as muslim ones. but they don't fly planes or drive truck loaded with bombs into "enemies"...they don't have guts to do so.... tounge.gif

How rude! mad.gif Most christian fundamentalists in the US are either tschek, swiss or german emigrants. Dont claim all the freaky people to be americans okay! tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ July 22 2002,22:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Warin, cool down~~~

yes..american "fundamentalists" are as problematic as muslim ones. but they don't fly planes or drive truck loaded with bombs into "enemies"...they don't have guts to do so.... tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I wonder how many children will be born into already too large familes that will starve to death because of famine or drought.

To me, informed planning including contraception is a way to keep families from having more children than they can support. And I dount the UN is endorsing abortion as a method of family planning...

So if 10,000 children born in the third world starve...and those children would never have ben born because of proper family planning...who is responsible? The fundie catholic who had the money killed because condoms are evil? Not to speak of preventing sexually transmitted disease..

Oi.

Not angry..just...frustrated...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ July 22 2002,22:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ July 22 2002,22:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Warin, cool down~~~

yes..american "fundamentalists" are as problematic as muslim ones. but they don't fly planes or drive truck loaded with bombs into "enemies"...they don't have guts to do so.... tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I wonder how many children will be born into already too large familes that will starve to death because of famine or drought.

To me, informed planning including contraception is a way to keep families from having more children than they can support.  And I dount the UN is endorsing abortion as a method of family planning...

So if 10,000 children born in the third world starve...and those children would never have ben born because of proper family planning...who is responsible? The fundie catholic who had the money killed because condoms are evil?  Not to speak of preventing sexually transmitted disease..

Oi.

Not angry..just...frustrated...<span id='postcolor'>

Well there is more to this issue than just small families=good. Poor people in the developing world need their children to support them, and to work the land they subsist of.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ July 22 2002,22:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ July 22 2002,22:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Warin, cool down~~~

To me, informed planning including contraception is a way to keep families from having more children than they can support.  And I dount the UN is endorsing abortion as a method of family planning...

So if 10,000 children born in the third world starve...and those children would never have ben born because of proper family planning...who is responsible? The fundie catholic who had the money killed because condoms are evil?  Not to speak of preventing sexually transmitted disease..

Oi.

Not angry..just...frustrated...<span id='postcolor'>

Frustrated is not right for me! I am damm angry at the catholic church. We all know how many african countries are in fact catholic, or think about South-America and even South East asia. A message by the pope can be deceisive. On the other hand I am pretty much sure none of the catholic aid-workers would openly state this message of the pope to any of the locals. In my consideration is Birth-control the only way out. And by this I dont mean imposed control but educated self-control!

You should see the statistics about the amount of rape in South-Africa. It is shocking and frightening. Secondly, it is also shocking that basically all men already refuse to wear condoms. In another sense is the spreading of HIV a perfect indicator of the lack of apropriate family-planing in those countries.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Next time you Americans curse out fundie muslims, remember that you have your own brand of them in your very own country..but they are ok because htey are 'christians' <span id='postcolor'>

You think we dont fucking curse out the christians either who wait for you outside stores saying jesus loves you all the time and bunch of bullshit. I havent personally talked to one even because they piss me off I just give them a dirty look then keep walking. Somehow those fools got their own TV station too...PBS and Ill be glad to let you know I deleted that channel.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MDRZulu @ July 22 2002,23:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Next time you Americans curse out fundie muslims, remember that you have your own brand of them in your very own country..but they are ok because htey are 'christians'  <span id='postcolor'>

You think we dont fucking curse out the christians either who wait for you outside stores saying jesus loves you all the time and bunch of bullshit. I havent personally talked to one even because they piss me off I just give them a dirty look then keep walking. Somehow those fools got their own TV station too...PBS and Ill be glad to let you know I deleted that channel.<span id='postcolor'>

If you can't tolerate different people, no matter how 'annoying' then I pity you.

Infact its that sort of attitude that has allowed the crimes of the 20th Century to happen. Underlying hate and contempt for different people in society.

Jeez, there's no pleasing you Europeans.  We (the USA) are either meddling too much in international affairs, or doing too little.  Make up your minds already.  

What's our choices here?  

1) Give the UN tons of money: Have the world scorn us for using our wealth to gain international influence for our own selfish gains, and infect the 3rd world with our corrupt western culture.

2) Don't give the UN tons of money:  Have the world scorn us for hoarding our wealth and directly blame us for all the fucked-up-ness in the 3rd world.

Another point i'd like to make is that the UN program in question is about as useless as those "abstinence" classes they gave us in High School.  Do you really think spending a huge fortune of our money on safe-sex pamphlets and free condoms will do anything to stop the overpopulation of the 3rd world?  Will it convince the Pope to change the catholic doctrine and let people use birth-control without the fear of going to hell?  Will the muslims say to their followers that Mohammed was just kidding when he commanded them to go breed like crazy?  

3rd world countries need to start being more accountable for their own actions.  If their culture/religion demands that they reproduce like rabbits until they can't freakin feed themselves anymore - well, they need to deal with it.  What do they really expect us to do about it?  Let them drag us down with them?

This is what's going to happen weather you liberal hippies want to face facts or not:  The 3rd world will continue to overpopulate themselves into misery.  History will record it as a grand example of the Malthusian Effect.  Hopefully the west will learn from this, and start dealing with their own overpopulation issues.  Oh, and Europe will blame the USA for everything.

That's my opinion anyways. biggrin.gif

BTW The United States is not the only country in the west with a moron for president. Start ragging on your own leaders instead of pissing all over ours.

This is called accuracy and precision my friend, the hard thing is to find the golden middle between two extremes. Searching for the appropriate extreme either ends up in communism or in nationalism. My country had both and I assure you there is a way in between. It is worth searching for it. And "spending" money is done by all countries, unlike military contribution the european union is the leader in this field! I wish there would be a few people in this forum that already worked for e.g. medcins sans frantieres or others! I think it is the easy way out for us to sit on our fat assess with a full fridge in the kitchen and state that there is no solution anyway. You should understand that a great share (basically the biggest) of our fortune is built on their misery. Ever thought about slavery? We owe them something!

Hmmm. Check my post count. Not that all you world weary ancient Europeans care tounge.gif

For the history illiterate, would one of the Brits in the house fill them in on the significance of 1776? biggrin.gif

(I figure this is turning into America V. Everyone, so I thought I'd get my licks in early smile.gif )

Heh.

Unlike our American friends whos seem to be oblivious to world history at times, most people in the world know the significance of 1776.

Hey Tex..without going to google..

Significance and nation wink.gif

(woops I am dragging this off topic wink.gif)

well i hate abortion and like bush, so i'm happy smile.gif

i dont know why people who have absolutely no political background, training, or education besides what they see on CNN think they're fit to judge the president of the united states. now THAT's stupid.

Oh shit... dont tell me... I know its something to do with the Norman invasion... Battle of Hastings, maybe?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ July 23 2002,01:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i dont know why people who have absolutely no political background, training, or education besides what they see on CNN think they're fit to judge the president of the united states.  now THAT's stupid.<span id='postcolor'>

Just a shot in the dark: perhaps because that is the fundament of democracy?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ July 23 2002,01:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh shit... dont tell me... I know its something to do with the Norman invasion... Battle of Hastings, maybe?<span id='postcolor'>

Bravo! Now what about something requiring a little knowledge, 1660 say?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ July 23 2002,01:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just a shot in the dark: perhaps because that is the fundament of democracy?<span id='postcolor'>

Uneducated people making important decisions is the fundament of democracy? I certainly hope not.