Sign in to follow this  
fabio_chavez

Questions about Arma3 Lighting

HI, your map looks great, are you still a problem with a lighting in scene? Soft shadows is not possible now, I agree for your map is very important to have this kind of shadows. You can disable sharp shadows in light config (diffuse must be smaller than ambient) and use ambient occlusion post-process. Thanks for your question.

Really looking forward for this mod, good luck!

HI, your map looks great, are you still a problem with a lighting in scene? Soft shadows is not possible now, I agree for your map is very important to have this kind of shadows. You can disable sharp shadows in light config (diffuse must be smaller than ambient) and use ambient occlusion post-process. Thanks for your question.

thanks Googlava,

as for softshadows: its not so important anymore, since i figured out how to adjust the mix of ambient and diffuse light to get a softer transition of shadow intensity according to overcast.

i havent been working on the project in a while but now as i get back to it i realize there are still some puzzeling parameters, i will update the list of my questions soon in case you might want to have a look at them i am going to send you an PM when its done!

p.s. if someone stumbles across this thread looking for documentation about the cloud simulation i found this video which contains some usefull informations about some of the simulweather parameters:

Edited by Fabio_Chavez