Sign in to follow this  
mindstorm

Repetetly fire trigger on unit enter

I got an issue. I have a trigger and I want it to fire each time a unit enters.

Now the trigger (which is set on repeatedly) fires when the first unit enters but it doesn't fire again when the second units enters.

How can I make it refire everytime a new unit enters it's bounds?

Edited by mindstorm

have you tried to set it to repeatedly?

that won't help as a trigger only fires on a change of condition and as mentioned only fires on the first unit.

what are you trying to achieve as there maybe another way

Once a player enters the trigger his personal mission state needs to be set to "Finished". But not the mission state of other players. Once others enters their personal mission state also needs to be set to "Finished".

So more like a local trigger I suppose. Is that possible?

Triggers are local I think , can't you just use player in thislist

cond

player in thislist

So I found out about :

trigger setTriggerActivation [by, type, repeating]

"by" can be a group/leader/member so this could work. However I do not want to create the trigger with a script. The script im making is supposed to work dynamicly with different kinds of maps.

To bad you can get "triggers' by their name? or can you?

---------- Post added at 23:46 ---------- Previous post was at 23:45 ----------

Triggers are local I think , can't you just use player in thislist

cond

player in thislist

Situation:

Trigger 1: pos x,y,z

Player 1 enters trigger. Trigger fires and calls my code.

Now if player 2 enters the trigger but player 1 did not leave the trigger yet it won't fire again! <--- That's my issue

If player 2 would enter the trigger and player 1 already left there would be no problem.

Is that unit finished when he enters the trigger, if so you could remove him from the trigger area or set him captive , that would remove him from the list allowing the trigger to repeat.

on act

(thislist select 0) setcaptive true

Maybe make the trigger area very shallow (0.1 or so), so that it's more of a "finish line" than an area that they enter and stay in. When they cross it, it will activate/deactivate, making it ready for the next player. The only issue here would be if two or more players crossed at exactly the same time.

edit: I guess it would need to be deep enough to fully register the unit - 1 meter seems to be good for a soldier on foot. But then again, we run up against the possibility of multiple players entering it at one time.

Edited by Harzach