Sign in to follow this  
WCG

"Heal that man!" Giving orders to the AI in single-player missions

When you actually get the hang of it (watch this
), it get easier, but from my point of view, the keyboard commands are just not intuitive and take long to figure out. It would be easier, if you just had a Como-rose style menu and could use your mouse.

I think so, too. But thanks for that link! That video was really useful. (I'm subscribed to Jester814's channel, but I missed that one.)

Still, it takes me so long to find what I want and actually give the orders that I'm usually dead by then. Heh, heh. Still, that should get better with practice.

Thanks again,

Bill

"EVERYONE IGNORE ME AND LIE STILL IN THE BUSHES UNTIL YOU GET SHOT", works every time.

I do remember that in cold war assault (Operation flashpoint back then), the list of commands, and actions was much wider than it is now in arma3.

i.e. you could order a member of your squad to go close to a neutralized enemy, and rearm himself.

Moreover, you could also ask a soldier to place a demolitions charge at your desired place, and hide afterwards, and later, you could detonate it remotely via him through commands when the target was moving close to the charge.

Even more amazingly, you were able to ask your soldier to do these processes in a prone position, not to be detected, and so forth...

It seems the whole process has been simplified, hence reducing dramatically the amazing game options available in cold war assault.

It would be great to have all these options back in arma 4, (and/or in arma 3 via update).

Kind Regards.