Sign in to follow this  
N.o.R.S.u

A way how to make pistols working in unit addons!

Here's a quote from OFPEC forums by admiralducksauce:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't know what I was doing wrong, but here's what I did when it worked:

1. You WILL have to redo your addon. Luckily, you're like most people and your addon is based on an existing "official" OFP unit, all of which were updated with the pistol information for 1.75.

The updated p3ds are contained in /Res/Dta/Data3d.pbo. DePBO that sucker and get your .p3d model you based your unit on.

At this point, I used unpack-sqm to decrypt the .p3d model. I have not had luck with xPack and 1.75 .p3d models.

From that point on, it's business as usual. I used TextureP3D to swap out my textures, PBOTool to pack it up again, and I placed the finished PBO in my /Res/Addons folder. Why not the original OFP/Addons? Because my units are equipped with pistols and OFP 1.46 won't recognize the pistol classes and will crash, so there's no point.

I hope this helps some people, God knows I wish someone had told me "don't use xPack on 1.75 models" before.

And if I'm wrong about xPack not working on 1.75, I apologize.<span id='postcolor'>

This way you can redone your favourite unit addons to use pistols properly. But instead of unpack-sqm I recommend using decrypter1.4 get it from here http://ofp.gamezone.cz/utilities/pbo_decryptor14.zip Just open Data3D.pbo located in Res\dta\ folder and decompress it (it takes quite much time).

Hope this answer many questions.

I have tried it but.....

I unpacked the Data3d.pbo with the PBO Decryptor, found the p3d i needed (mc saboteur.p3d), but when i open it with the P3D Texture Swap Utility i get an "Overflow" error, click on acept and i can edit the textures, but when i try to save the changes i get this error "File already open". I tryed with other P3D and i get the same allways. confused.gif

What am i doing wrong?

Greetz

Hmm that's strange, make sure you used the the program I posted about. And make sure you open the Data.3D located in OperationFlashpoint\Res\dta\ -folder. If all goes right, the Decrypter 1.4 will decrypt every p3d located in that pbo. The Decrypter 1.4 will not always succeed in this, which means you have to try again (maybe try to decrypt the Data.3D in your Resistance CD), no idea why it does that though.

I have tryed it several times, i have unpacked it again and again, with the decryptor, dowloaded fron your link, and i still get the errors sad.gif , and i cant unpack the data3d from the CD since it creates the files in the same folder the original PBO was, and the cd cant be written.......

TY anyways man....

Could somebody plz send me the Black Op and the Resistance Officer P3D's decryted?

ezekiel225@terra.es

I'd really appreciate that.  wink.gif

Greetz

sounds easy for you but i'm completely computer illiterate so if you could send a decrypted file i would be more than thankfull

ARGH! ... I mean. I'll probably have many questions if I try to even attempt this.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (frk19732001 @ July 23 2002,00:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">sounds easy for you but i'm completely computer illiterate so if you could send a decrypted file i would be more than thankfull<span id='postcolor'>

Wait, are you not trying to create your own unit addon?

I'm sure you can do it. smile.gif