Sign in to follow this  
joseph

My report.

Alright so I purchased Arma3 awhile ago and here is my report of my experience and a few thing that need attention. First of all, I was very impressed. For the most part this game gives me what I hoped it would in terms of combat experience. A few things that need to be looked over: First of all when I started playing, the AI was like "GA-DUH", "I'll shoot over here", "I'll stand with my back to that very intelligent human being who is squeezing off rounds in my direction", "Hey look, I killed one!". So without more ado the AI, even when on a high difficulty level, still needs to be made more smart. And if any of you know of some mods to do this, please share! Second, a few graphical glitchs are present, such as seeing the ground underwater as though it were just ground, not underwater. Also, I am "GA-DUH" as far as using the editor, so if there are some tutorials out there or if someone can write me one, please do! Also, one of the few things that disappoints me about the Arma series is that a lot time in multiplayer matches is spent looking at the ground shooting at your own base with missiles and just kicking back and chatting. Take, for instance, the Wasteland mode. Sure, it is more of a "Sniper on his own" mode which can be fun but it lacks the kind of combat I crave. So I would like to see more games and modes with this goal: Build your base, secure your base, attack enemy base. All while including all the stuff like, small raids, sniper/recon missions and combat patrols. So, in short, I would like to see more active play in Arma 3 multiplayer. Another thing. I hope in the future to see DLC's of the previous Arma's content so we can make a mission in the editor from the 2025 era, or the 2001- to 2025. But, all of it would use Arma3's high improvements in graphics and gameplay. Well, everyone that's all for now. And I hope the developing team is taking all our hungry-for-more players tips on improvement. Sgt. Joseph

Try Urban Conquest. Stand around and look at the ground in that one and you'll be dead!

Editor tutorials are all over the place, check http://www.armaholic.com/ I'm sure there's a lot there.

You can learn from the arma 2 editor tutorials as well. besides a slightly different layout, they are pretty similar.

I just searched on youtube, and found one user creating a bunch of simple tutorials to help teach people.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Armaidiot

As for more game modes, there aren't exactly official game modes. They are all user created missions. Once you get alright in the editor you can make your own missions and they might catch on with the community.

I've read somewhere (it's been confirmed?) that BI is actually working on tutorials. Youtube is good start but other than that we'll have to wait for it

Ok, thanks, guys. I really appreciate your help. And one more question: What are good mods to improve AI, do I need special hardware to install mods, and what are some good active multiplayer groups out there I could join for this game. Joseph

Remember to run Arma 3 in windowed mode so u can switch easily between the guide or video ur watching - I don't know how to add that to Steam versions though