Sign in to follow this  
WCG

Training with the Editor - extra equipment and empty vehicles

I'm trying to learn the basics using the Editor, but I can't figure out how to place crates of equipment. Any help? I want to be able to try out a variety of different weapons - and in many cases (grenade launchers, rocket launchers, etc.) with extra ammunition, too.

Also, how do I place vehicles without drivers inside? I'd like to put a variety of empty vehicles so I can experiment with them, and I'd also like to put vehicles as stationary targets.

I'm a newbie with Arma III, and I've never played the other Arma games, so I still need to feel comfortable with the basics. The Editor seems great for that, but there's a lot I don't understand about it.

Thanks.

In order to place down items from the "empty" category, you have to place a playable unit first. After you placed it, just double click on the map again and select the yellow "empty" category under which you will find weapon crates and empty vehicles to try out.

Actually, to place objects from the empty category you first have to set the unit properties to "Non Playable", then you can access the Empty category. However, if you wish to actually play the mission, you'll have to have a playable unit anyway, so you might as well do it the way PurePassion suggested.

... just double click on the map again and select the yellow "empty" category under which you will find weapon crates and empty vehicles to try out.

I'm glad I asked. I would never have found it there! But yup, that worked. Thanks for the help!

Bill

PS. Thanks for that link to those video tutorials, too. But I'm needing to learn the game first, before starting to create missions. Still, there's probably a lot I can learn from them, anyway, if I can just find the time.

There is many ways the edit will be helpfull in learing the game:

- Practice shooting with different weapons

- Practice Vehicle operation

- Testing Strategic ideas against AI

- Discover the terrain

Basically this is the sandbox everyone is talking about :)