Sign in to follow this  
SpetsnazWarriorX

Someone translate the russian lingo!

I'm guessing this is offtopic, seeing as it doesn't relate to any important aspects of the game, but either way: in the 1985 Campaign mission 'Escape From Prison', what are the Russian guards all saying? BIS didn't bother to put a translation for the nasty Russians' comments, so can someone tell me: a) what the Spetsnaz guy says when you step off the chopper, b) what the guy who you are supposed to follow to the enclosure is saying repeatedly, c) what the guard in front of the tent says, just before you step in.

I love the Russian lingo, and it would kool to know what they're saying to Sam Nichols all that time. smile.gif

I don't know russian, but i bet they are saying "you are gonna die, imperialistic pig", or something like that biggrin.gif

Write it down for me and I'll translate it for you smile.gif

from best of my recollection from a thread, when you are running away, the Spetz Natz are saying "That b!@#$ is running away! shoot him!"

Lmao, here's what I can make out from the Spetsnaz guy, after you disembark the Hind: "Werdes dies... Amerikans bistarijiber... idis ornot... enipotashadasha jelotkolobotste" biggrin.gif That is exactly what my ear picks up - I dePBO'ed the mission, and used Goldwave to play the sound in sections. Just say it in a Russian tone, and it might, just MIGHT sound like something...! biggrin.gif Try! wink.gif

Here's another one, when you have to follow the guard to the tent enclosure: "Schtay ta tysgreisatilisch... jeht stavay... ötö lwedish"

And one more, just before you enter your prison tent: "Rahadiv polatko... Amerikanschka"

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Ok..

Speznaz talk

" Hey, Where you go ?"

" Do not depart "

Soldiers in chopper talk about Angelina bust, and about ending of service

lol I haven't played that mission in a long time, but I do remember that as soon as the guards realize you mean to escape, one of them yells out something like "Open fire! The bitch is escaping!"

*edit*

Just remembered, if you wait for the SpetzNatz in the UAZ to take you away, a few seconds before they shoot you, that one SpetzNatz who has seemed so nice to you so far says:

"This, Little American, is your last minute. You have one minute to pray, if you're the praying sort."

I'd play the whole mission over and translate everything, but I'm not home at the moment, maybe later

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpetsnazWarriorX @ July 20 2002,19:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> "Werdes dies... Amerikans bistarijiber... idis ornot... enipotashadasha jelotkolobotste"

<span id='postcolor'>

HUH??!?!? Couldn't be what my ear picked up, cause I sounded it out and it just sounds like gibberish wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"Schtay ta tysgreisatilisch... jeht stavay... ötö lwedish"

<span id='postcolor'>

Ditto

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"Rahadiv polatko... Amerikanschka"

<span id='postcolor'>

This one I get, "Go in the tent, Little American"

Oooo, kool! At least now I know what that little comment meant smile.gif As for the previous comments - well, as I said; they are DIRECT from what I hear, lol. It's actually quite tricky to attempt to write Russian in the English alphabet, as well as not having a clue as to what they are meant to be saying biggrin.gif Still though, I'm left wondering what the Spetsnaz guy is saying [sounding quite nastily] when you step off the chopper sad.gif

I can't remember now, I'll have to replay the mission later tonight at home, but I do remember that SpetzNatz bloke was very friendly, right to the moment they pick you up in the UAZ...that's why I was really surprized and somewhat pissed when he tells me I have a minute to pray, and then him & his buddies punch a few holes in me with their AK-74SU's

Just jump in the HIND the instant the pilots get out. They won't be talking any more Russian to you.

Great topic/question SWX. smile.gif  I look forward to reading Tovarish's translation.

Whenever I got more than 10m from the leader, I always interpreted his remarks as, "What is this idiot doing now?"

What I did was jump in the BMP and reverse untill I hit the HIND and destroyed it. The I jump into the gunners seat and shoot anything that moves, just watch out for the other BMP. I then drove down the road until I came to a forest where I left the crippled BMP behind. Then I hot foot away to safty.

Going a bit offtopic, but this reminds me of an internet browser I wrote in Java as part of an excersise during my first year in collage. For some reason I remembered it when I read this thread so I found it and started it up.

We were given the task to write a browser in Java that would register all links found on a page. For obvious reasons I called mine "eKGB":

ekgb.jpg

I even had the equivalent of the rotating netcape globe/IE 'e' letter. I remember modelling and animating it in Softimage. Lol, what I wasted my time on smile.gif

soviet.gif (for some reason it IE won't loop the animation so you might have to reload the page or click here to open the picture in a new window.)

A UAZ? I never get picked up by any UAZ confused.gif All I do from the start is get into the chopper [the Russian guy starts saying that weird line immediately], and then once it arrives at the camp, I disembark, and listen to this Spetsnaz guy talkin' what sounds to be shit biggrin.gif , and then I follow him to the prison tent, where he then says "get in the tent, little American" [thanks, Tovarish for translating that one wink.gif ]. They seem to shout a lot of stuff when I start running away, but I'm sure it isn't friendly talk biggrin.gif . If there's one thing I like about this mission, is the way their faces are modelled - they look nasty and bloody evil! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpetsnazWarriorX @ July 21 2002,13:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A UAZ? I never get picked up by any UAZ  confused.gif  <span id='postcolor'>

Well, like I said, the SpetzNatz dude was very friendly so I wasn't really too compelled to risk escape....I guess it was the one time in the campaign where knowing Russian was a drawback....so I sat around and eventually 3 SpetzNatz in a UAZ pick you up, drive you to a beach and excecute you mad.gif

PS. I was busy last night, but I think tonight I should be able to get it all translated for you.

Here it is boys and girls, I've just replayed Escape from Prision and here is the transcript:

[Officer when you begin]

“What is it you plan to do? Don’t fall out of line, or you will see…â€

[soldier if you don’t get in right away]

“Sit down in the chopper! We don’t have time!â€

[soldiers talking in chopper] – this is hard to make out because of the chopper’s noise, but two of them seem to be talking about a hot new chick at the base, probably a nurse. Then another one says something like “Yep, we’re getting drunk soonâ€

[spetzNatz when you land]

“You’re here! Little American, we’ve been expecting you. Follow me, and don’t even try anything stupidâ€

(If you don’t follow)

“What is it you plan to do?â€

(At the tent)

“Go in the tent, Little Americanâ€

(When you go in)

“Rest, Little American, you can doze hereâ€

[spetzNatz to guard]

“Watch him, he can’t be allowed to escapeâ€

(If you step out)

[guards overlaping]

“What’s Happening?! Get back now!!â€

“Hey! Get back!â€

(if you keep going)

“Fire! The Bastard†- (I’ve said “Bitch†before, I don’t have an exact translation to English for the Russian word ‘Blyatnii’) “is escaping!â€

OR if you wait for the UAZ

[spetzNatz]

“Get up! Follow us!â€

(they drive you to the beach)

“This, Little American, is your last minute. You have one minute to pray, if you’re the praying sortâ€

[bANG]

this should goto Avon's FAQ. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">[bANG]

<span id='postcolor'>

so...BANG is Russian for what? confused.gif

Actually, if you play an English voice backwards... it sounds Russian biggrin.gif Maybe English was just invented by chance, by some guy who learnt to speak Russian backwards wink.gif

Tovarish - Danke schön/thank you very much/kiitos paljon/spasiba/and any other thanks possible! Dem translations rocked wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Exodist @ July 22 2002,06:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2 Tovarish

Ne nadoelo perevodit ?<span id='postcolor'>

Chu-chiut. smile.gif y ya tolko bil v Rossie y Ukraine odin god, tak shto Ruski ne sami lohki yazik dla mena biggrin.gif

And to every one else, "Ne za shto" (No problem) I've always felt sorry that one line "Fire! The b&^% is escaping!" must have been lost on so many people smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

so...BANG is Russian for what?

<span id='postcolor'>

Ummm..sorry Ralph that's not Russian...that's part of the 'Shorty' dialect of Kalashnikov...I can't give you an exact translation but generally, if you're the one speaking it all is well, but if it is being spoken to you, you may be screwed biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ July 22 2002,16:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Exodist @ July 22 2002,06:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2 Tovarish

<span id='postcolor'>

Ummm..sorry Ralph that's not Russian...that's part of the 'Shorty' dialect of Kalashnikov...I can't give you an exact translation but generally, if you're the one speaking it all is well, but if it is being spoken to you, you may be screwed biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL! tounge.gif  I would really like to learn Russian, it´s such a *powerful* language..and cool as hell  wink.gif

Oh, I can tell you what he sais:

It is something like: unload your gun, give me your boots and your swiss watch and I let you go back to mama! But it is a strange accent from Kalinigrad so I really dont know for sure! tounge.gif