Sign in to follow this  
Bahger

Simple detection trigger: help requested

I want a boat to set off on its course when a trigger has fired. The trigger should be activated when Blue SpecOps units have sighted a civilian hostage in one of the buildings he might spawn in. I have linked the trigger to the boat's first "Move" WP and set the trigger as Activation: Civilian, Detected by BLUFOR. So far so good, but the problem is that the trigger always fires too early, long before the hostage (the only civ unit on the map) can realistically have been spotted by BLUFOR. Is there any way to make the trigger more specific, such as linking it to the particular unit in question and making it fire only when BLUFOR is in visual range?

player knowsAbout hostage > 0

OK, I don't mean to be dimwitted here, but if my hostage is called p1, I put player knowsAbout hostage > 0 in the trigger condition field? Activation BLUFOR, PRESENT? It does not seem to work but I might be missing something simple, please bear with me. If I do not make the name p1, how does the game know that p1 is a "Hostage"?

Condition field of a trigger

player knowsAbout p1 > 0

Thanks! It still fires prematurely but it's the best solution I have so far short of giving the player control via a radio trigger.

Ah, excellent, thank you!!

EDIT: Worked like a dream.

Edited by Bahger