Sign in to follow this  
froggyluv

Funny, cool, or strange moments you'd never expect from an Arma title

With all of the new features, Arma scenarios seem to often take some unexpected turns -at least what I've been used to the last 10 years. Share your stories of things, events that might have caught you off guard

1. Saw a group of enemy AI divers patrolling in an assault boat when they stopped and dove in the water near the pier I was observing from. I decided what the hell and jumped in to pirate their ship when they popped up some 50m away and just looked at me before submerging again. I laughed at their loss until they literally reappeared encircled around my new property before shooting me to death (from the water) with their UW ammo.

2. Was playing a scenario in which I had to get past a roadbloack in my Offroad -1 soldier with some traffic stops around him. Thinking of silly Arma AI and mechanics, I pushed pedal to the medal to just run this guy over but not before I caught some weird air on something and went airborne over the enemy before crashing down an embankment. When I gathered myself, the AI had run down the hill right outside my driver window and shot me in the face.

Good stuff.

Trying to be sneaky, slowly leaning to peek at the enemy (I know his ass is there from the 1st try)...just to see him, being sneaky, leaning, waiting on me to peek..BAM, I'm dead.

2. Was playing a scenario in which I had to get past a roadbloack in my Offroad -1 soldier with some traffic stops around him. Thinking of silly Arma AI and mechanics, I pushed pedal to the medal to just run this guy over but not before I caught some weird air on something and went airborne over the enemy before crashing down an embankment. When I gathered myself, the AI had run down the hill right outside my driver window and shot me in the face.

Exact same thing happened to me in From Russia With Love.

Jumped 1 click away from land with diving equipment.

Made it to the shore only to get wasted by the enemy.

They were lined up facing the beach....Almost like if they could feel me.:scratchchin:

Exact same thing happened to me in From Russia With Love.

Heh, yeah that was the same mission it happened to me -guess some credit goes to mission design there as well

i had a funny experiance back in arma 2 when i was with a group of people and we were clearing a town on takistan i think and the mode was insurgancy and we went into a compound and they was an AI civi just lying down and so two of us went over to see what he was up too and panicked then burst out laughing as we saw that he was lying directly onto of an IED and he was just stareing at us.

so we backed away and just stared at him for a few mins before leaveing him to do his own thing and carried on clearing thw town

So many memories to choose from..

One thing is from OFP. An enemy AI spetznas sneaked up behind me and placed a pipe bomb... I heard something, turned around just in time to see him place it. Shot him and managed to run away before the bomb went off taking down the house.

That was not a scripted sequence.

I have not seen anything like that again in any BIS games.

I'm enjoying the change ragdoll has made. When randomly populating buildings with enemy guards, I can sometimes make them out through windows at a distance. Shooting them either kills them or makes them change stance, but thanks to ragdoll I cannot tell which they did anymore. Sometimes when they die they crumple to their knees and fall over, which through a window looks like they went down to hide. Previously, animated death sequences were easy to identify as there were only a set number of them. It means I cannot be sure I "got" him any more :) it has bitten me in the ass a couple of times.