Sign in to follow this  
JSK100

What do I need to upgrade to play ARMA 3?

Hey everyone. Hopefully this is the right section to post this.

So I built my computer about 2 years ago. It's obviously out of date but I would like to know exactly what I have to do to upgrade it. I want to be able to run the new Arma 3 (alpha I believe?) on very good settings. I currently have 4 gigs of RAM, Radeon HD 5770, and a AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz. I can play Arma 2 but not on the greatest settings. I'm hoping that all I need to do would be to upgrade my graphics card....what do you guys recommend? (What specific equipment should I get?)

I really don't know how good my processor is but I'm hoping that I won't need to upgrade it.

Thanks a lot!

Your ability to read forums. ;)

This sticky is literally the first thing in Arma 3 - General.

Hey everyone. Hopefully this is the right section to post this.

So I built my computer about 2 years ago. It's obviously out of date but I would like to know exactly what I have to do to upgrade it. I want to be able to run the new Arma 3 (alpha I believe?) on very good settings. I currently have 4 gigs of RAM, Radeon HD 5770, and a AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz. I can play Arma 2 but not on the greatest settings. I'm hoping that all I need to do would be to upgrade my graphics card....what do you guys recommend? (What specific equipment should I get?)

I really don't know how good my processor is but I'm hoping that I won't need to upgrade it.

Thanks a lot!

I would suggest trying Arma3. Generally I am finding it runs better than Arma2 on the same equipment.

Overclock your CPU if you can. I overclocked my AMD 965 BE 3.4ghz to 4ghz for Arma 3 and it plays great on high - ultra with sweetFX.