Sign in to follow this  
Incast

Anyone planning on making usaf f16?

I really like the F16 in Italian colours, but it would fit in so much better with US colours. Is anyone planning on making a USAF skin for it dont say you do it, because i wouldn't know where to start.

*crying*

not again biggrin.gif

well i've put it into consideration, and i'm probably making a USAF texture, but im not sure when. i would hope its soon, though, im very busy.

Well the thing is already grey so all you really need to do is change the insignia from the Italian thingy to the USAF thingy.

how about someone make an F-16 that realy looks like an F-16. no offense to anyone. But all the F-16's that ive seen for OFP dont look good. Same thins happened when they attempeted to make a huey.

the tornado is AWESOME. this realy looks like a tornado. And its even better then the BIS A-10's.

cheers

thats because the tornado was most likely made by a professional that has been to university and has a degree or whatever as it was downloaded, same with the a-10(professional i mean not downloaded), most of the addons you see here are made by teenagers

I agree the tornado is very impressive. I like how they released a bunch of different versions. But in reality any kind of combat plane would not carry online one kind of ordinance. For instance on the A10 it has only mavericks when infact it would also carry rockets bombs and sidewinders. Im not saying that planes dont have different configurations for different missions. What im saying is that an A10 fitted for bombing wouldnt carry only bombs.

this is an ofp engine limitation, you can only have one type of detachable missile per model and they cant rotate/move until they are fired

Eviscerator,

it has nothing to do with age, im a moderler my self, and i have seen empressive work from 14 year olds. Its the fact that each person gets 3D studio and thinks hes the best modeler. And makes an addon, spends all the time and effort telling him self that its realy good. And then filling our communities with worthless crap (im not talking about anyone in particular). You know what im talking about.

All im saying is, if you wanna make an addon, why not running the extra mile that could have made it better.

And yes you might as me, then why dont i model an F-16, well the reason is i dont have time, and im not ready to run the extra mile..because i dont have time. So im not gonna build a shitty ass F-16 and expect everyone to download it....

ok you might also tell me, that i dont have to download that f-16..your right..but it just hurts to look at it hehe :-)

thats my opinion only and not directed to anyone, but to modeling in general.

cheers all

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (deadsoldier @ July 18 2002,05:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Eviscerator,

it has nothing to do with age, im a moderler my self, and i have seen empressive work from 14 year olds. Its the fact that each person gets 3D studio and thinks hes the best modeler. And makes an addon, spends all the time and effort telling him self that its realy good. And then filling our communities with worthless crap (im not talking about anyone in particular). You know what im talking about.

All im saying is, if you wanna make an addon, why not running the extra mile that could have made it better.

And yes you might as me, then why dont i model an F-16, well the reason is i dont have time, and im not ready to run the extra mile..because i dont have time. So im not gonna build a shitty ass F-16 and expect everyone to download it....

ok you might also tell me, that i dont have to download that f-16..your right..but it just hurts to look at it hehe :-)

cheers all<span id='postcolor'>

You have time to play games, and complain about games, but not to make a 3d model?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ July 18 2002,06:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (deadsoldier @ July 18 2002,05:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Eviscerator,

You have time to play games, and complain about games, but not to make a 3d model?<span id='postcolor'>

He probably has a life like the rest of us.

plaing games dont have deadlines...playing games dont need a specific amoutn of time each session...if you get bored of playing, you can stop..but if you get bored of modeling..it would be silly to stop inthe middle of project.

And FYI im in a big project right now, and thats the reason i mentioned i dont have time. Other wise, i plan to make a Ka-52 after im done. And i do plan to make it nice. Here is a sample of my work, u can see that i spend enough time on things when i start them:

http://www.german-club.com/skyler/DS.htm

im making an island, struggeling to finish it by my deadline in 2 weeks. wanna help? drop me a line.

cheers

just to go back onto topic - I've started work on a new version of F-16, i'm putting on the USAF textures now, and soon I'm going to finish the weapon loadout.

Finally =) will it include a new cockpit?....hey i saw ummm a couple of pages back on the mission section on this forum a smoke script...perhaps fun to make the USAF Thunderbirds ;-)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Speeeedy @ July 19 2002,14:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Finally =) will it include a new cockpit?....hey i saw ummm a couple of pages back on the mission section on this forum a smoke script...perhaps fun to make the USAF Thunderbirds ;-)<span id='postcolor'>

yes it will get a new cockpit, new weapon loadout, new gears, fuel tanks like the real ones, some new textures too, and a USAF insigna on the wing.

hm....if anybody can get that smoke script i would put it into a mission and make an airshow. biggrin.gif

here:

now all we need is an F-16 with thunderbird skin or a hawk with red arrows skin ;-)

Ok, I've made the most of it i can...

- New cockpit

- Shaded canopy (more realistic)

- New and better gears

- Fuel tank on each wing

- New USAF insigna

- Better flight dynamics

- The AIM-9 has a nice feature - it "chases" the enemy plane when locked and fired.

Here is a pic:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sam.adham/SVFE/f16v139.jpg

Now all i need to do is make a better loadout.

mmm......amraams...... biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ July 18 2002,07:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif4--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ July 18 2002,06wow.gif4)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (deadsoldier @ July 18 2002,05:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Eviscerator,

You have time to play games, and complain about games, but not to make a 3d model?<span id='postcolor'>

He probably has a life like the rest of us.<span id='postcolor'>

some peoples lives are modeling, and they get paid for it, not a bad life.

it shows nothing new this is just a trick to get people to your site ones again isnt it

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Speeeedy @ July 20 2002,12:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">it shows nothing new this is just a trick to get people to your site ones again isnt it<span id='postcolor'>

speedy - no, it isnt. It's just a news info for tow for people that dont know about it.

btw - check the tow homepage for a much better screenie of the usaf f-16

okay then i apologies.....ummm how the hell do you write that word anyway  wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Speeeedy @ July 20 2002,12:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">okay then i appoligyes.....ummm how the hell do you write that word anyway  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

you write it " apologies ".

(i think) biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (deadsoldier @ July 18 2002,05:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Eviscerator,

unless those 14 year olds have been modelling for a couple of years its still not going to come to the quality of professional modellers, the more experience and practice you get the better a modeller you become and ofp is a good game to practise on as you can do just about anything thats why so many people are trying to learn to model in the community, you shouldnt knock them as one day they might make a model that you will love and love like the tornado but all modellers have to learn somewhere :/