Sign in to follow this  
Asclepius

Set Task Destination Module

I am having trouble getting the Set Task Destination portion of the Intel modules to work properly. My first task works great. Under the Create Task Module Task1 the Set Task Destination module is synchronized to a helicopter and the create task module. Under Marker for that first task I have "BOARD". When I run the mission this one shows up perfectly and I don't have any problems. However, when task1 is set to success (through the Set Task State module) and the second task is assigned, I have the same steps (where the Set Task Destination is set to set to "synchronized objects") and the Set Task Destination module is synchronized with the second Create Task module and a boat with "INVESTIGATE" under the second create task Marker field, nothing shows up. I have about 5 tasks so far, all of which progress properly once they are achieved, but after the first one I am not getting any markers to show up in the HUD or in the map. Is there a specific logarithm you need to follow in the order of objects synchronized in order to get it to work? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Have you tried synchronising the subsequent destination modules with the triggers that complete the previous task? (i.e. sync 1st trigger that completes task 1 to the 2nd task destination module)

I have found this works for me, as it seems the destination module will try to attach to a task that hasn't been "created" if i am reading your post right

I've found that there needs to be a short delay between a task being created and the destination being set.

If for example you try to do both from the same trigger the destination will not show. However if you place another trigger ontop of the one that creates your next task with the same settings but give it a countdown of a second the destination will show up.

or run this from your current trigger that is creating your task

nil = [] spawn {
_taskcreated = false;
while {!(_taskcreated)} do {
	_taskcreated = ["TASKNAME"] call BIS_fnc_taskExists;
	sleep 0.5;
};
sleep 1;
["TASKNAME", MYTASKPOSITION] call BIS_fnc_taskSetDestination;
};

//TASKNAME as in module Task ID
//MYTASKPOSITION = OBJECT or ARRAY or STRING of your task destination

and delete your setTaskDestination module

Edited by Larrow

Hello, can I ask you Larrow where did you find these command? (BIS_fnc_taskExists, BIS_fnc_taskSetDestination) I can't find anything about them on the wiki!

Thanks!

Hello, can I ask you Larrow where did you find these command? (BIS_fnc_taskExists, BIS_fnc_taskSetDestination) I can't find anything about them on the wiki!

Thanks!

If you open up the functions viewer in the editor you can find them in there listed under tasks

Larrow and Mika, thank you for your solutions! I was going bonkers with why my destination wasn't setting to the synchronized target unit.

I have not yet found that a delay is needed, but every bit of efficient script helps me learn; I'm using v1.50 with the set Task Destination/State(s) modules. Plus Killzone Kid's scripting tutorials have taught me to minimize mission overhead by deleting triggers and tasks when not needed any more (even after a one-time trigger is activated), so anything that can reduce the number of trigger checks from 0.5 second to 5 or 10 seconds (for less time-critical objectives) helps too, I imagine.

http://killzonekid.com/arma-scripting-tutorials-triggers/