Sign in to follow this  
Pred42

Showing when an objective is complete?

(Yes I searched but I couldn't find anything I can understand. I'm a complete noob at this) How do you show when an objective is complete? I assume you use a trigger but there's nothing in the drop-down menu that says objective complete or just complete. I would also assume that you have to put it in the scripting somewhere. If so which one (condition, on act, on dea) and what should it say? Thanks in advance

(Yes I searched but I couldn't find anything I can understand. I'm a complete noob at this) How do you show when an objective is complete? I assume you use a trigger but there's nothing in the drop-down menu that says objective complete or just complete. I would also assume that you have to put it in the scripting somewhere. If so which one (condition, on act, on dea) and what should it say? Thanks in advance

Check out this guys youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/eclipse245/videos?query=arma+2. It helped me a heap especially with creating tasks and objectives. Just go through all his videos in order and you will understand it much more :)

oops doubled up my message

Edited by jmac6888

Still watching and I picked up some good pointers but I'm not seeing the objective complete trigger that I want. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Still watching and I picked up some good pointers but I'm not seeing the objective complete trigger that I want. Anyone else have any suggestions?

It is in this video:

"1" objStatus "DONE"; tskobj_1 setTaskState "SUCCEEDED"; player setCurrentTask tskobj_2; obj_1 = true; publicVariable "obj_1";

when you set the objective to SUCCEEDED it flags the task as complete, you also have the options to set a task to alternatives...

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setTaskState

"Succeeded"

"Failed"

"Canceled"

"Created"

"Assigned"

I recommend you re-watch the triggers 1 & 2 + objectives video again. I had no idea how to do it before I watched.. after I watched it a tried it I got it working.

"task_name" call BIS_fnc_taskState == "Succeeded"

["task_name", "Succeeded"] call BIS_fnc_missionTasks

task_name setTaskState "Succeeded" 

_task = ["task_name", player] call BIS_fnc_taskReal;
_task setTaskState "Succeeded"; 

Edited by cobra4v320

Simple mission tut.

Jester and another guys called armaidiot have lots of tut vids on their channels. Worth a look.