Sign in to follow this  
victim913

What happened to the "rain" bar in the editor?

With the Alpha out I'm not sure if this should go here or "feedback" or "bugs" or what. I'm also using the development version.But while i was in the editor I noticed the "rain" bar was gone. The other day I was able to select "manual" and set the rain at any value I wanted. Now "Rain" is still there but there is no bar or "manual/auto" button. So I can't change it. I know that for some of the other options like with the "wind" and the 2 options below it, but i've played with everything to no effect. I'm not sure if they took it out on purpose or accident. That was really good to get the sky dark without rain. The desert terrain doesn't look right in the rain.

Thanks

Rain is temporarily disabled in the game (technical reasons).

Edited by DarkDruid

Also note that rain wouldn't show up with an overcast value less than 0.7 / 70%.

Aww sad this went :( it was nice in my mission.

Also note that rain wouldn't show up with an overcast value less than 0.7 / 70%.

Hmm, you sure? it worked for me, i had mine on 30%, it was very faint but visible on my screen. Though I use a LED TV as my screen which has high back-light compared to normal monitors.

This in fact very good news! There was a thread last week talking about the outdated rain system in which the developers seem to have interest in. My bet is that one of them is currently rewriting the rain system ... and that it was not ready in the update so they disabled it.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?151353-Who-would-like-to-have-reasonable-rain

We will keep our finger crossed ;)