Sign in to follow this  
taltsinth

Triggering a Module Dynamic Spawn Problem

I'm currently trying to link a Skirmish Dynamic Spawn Module (And it's associated Init) to a trigger with Condition:

this && taskState task2 == "Assigned";

The idea being that if task2 is set to Assigned, the trigger would fire off the module and spawn the unit. I've got the module set-up and working yet it is always activated without task2 set to Assigned. I've got the trigger synced to the module init (Which is set to groups of synchronised objects) which in turn is synced to the spawn module itself. I'm wondering if I've missed a setting I need or if this is simply the wrong way to go about this.

Tal

Edited by TalTsinth

hmm i too seem to have issues with it simply activating on existence. chalk me up for another one wanting an answer

Shouldn't it just be:

taskState task2 == "Assigned";

Not 100% sure though.

Shouldn't it just be:

taskState task2 == "Assigned";

Not 100% sure though.

That would then fire the trigger off and spawn the unit when the Task is set to assigned. I need it to also fire off when the trigger itself has been set off using Blufor->Present so the 'this &&' is required for the trigger and task assignment to be checked. I've still had no luck in syncing this yet but I'm going to keep at it. Best way to learn is to keep on trying!

Sometimes it helps to post a link to your mission.

You've got the 'top-level help-desk' guys, who can read your issue and whip off an answer reply w/o opening the editor. But those replies aren't always forthcoming.

Then there are other amateurs who enjoy tinkering with the editor, and wouldn't mind helping find the solution. But it's a lot easier for them to help if you give them what you've got already.

Or of course the module is bugged/unfinished, and for now your best bet is to use one of the many alternatives to spawning units.