Sign in to follow this  
Vanz0r

Mk12 SPR & Mk12 SPR SD, plus 20rnd stanag question

Ok so does the Mk12 SPR SD exist in Arma2?

Secondly do the 20 round stanag bullets actually do more damage or not? Or are the ballistics any different from regular 30rnd stanag?

I know in rl the Mk12 SPR uses Mk262 ammo which is a 77 grain round but wondered whether this had been introduced into Arma2? I'd heard rumors the Arma2 20 round bullets do more damage to vehicles but not to people???

ADDIT: waitaminute, you said SD. Haven't seen that one. But yeah, the non-suppressed version, use it a lot.

Yes it does, one of my favorite rifles.

I play MarkB50K's "Lost" scenario and I use it all the time in that one. It uses 30rnd STANAG.

ok so I'd like t know the exact difference in damage (if any) between the 20 rnd and 30rnd.

I'm not sure I've seen any 20rnd STANAG mags in the game. Are you sure they exist in the game?

Not sure if the game has the capacity to differentiate ammunition of a given type into variants with different propellants in the cartridges. That would be very cool; and a geurilla/survival mod/scenario where you had to collect propellant, primer, cases and hand load your ammo would be neat :)

Ok so does the Mk12 SPR SD exist in Arma2?

Only in ACE

Secondly do the 20 round stanag bullets actually do more damage or not? Or are the ballistics any different from regular 30rnd stanag?

Only in ACE

I know in rl the Mk12 SPR uses Mk262 ammo which is a 77 grain round but wondered whether this had been introduced into Arma2? I'd heard rumors the Arma2 20 round bullets do more damage to vehicles but not to people???

Only in ACE, and No.

Edited by boota

Only in ACE

Correct me if I'm wrong, but why does a 20 Rnd magazine do more damage than a 30 Rnd magazine ? That would only make sense if the projectiles are different. It should not change anything whether there are 30 or 20 bullets of the same make in the magazine ?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but why does a 20 Rnd magazine do more damage than a 30 Rnd magazine ? That would only make sense if the projectiles are different. It should not change anything whether there are 30 or 20 bullets of the same make in the magazine ?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Same cartridge, just different propellant in it. Having fewer cartridges in the magazine has nothing to do with the cartridge load.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Same cartridge, just different propellant in it. Having fewer cartridges in the magazine has nothing to do with the cartridge load.

forget reality for a moment, BIS could have done things this way:

Mk12 SPR does more damage with any stanag.

Mk12 SPR comes with 20 round mags and the 20 round mags have increased damage when mounted in a Mk12 SPR

20 rnd mags do more damage whatever weapon used in (probably the ideal solution forgetting barrel wear and the like)

I don't know how BIS did the weapon/bullet modelling but I'm dissapointed that they bother to include a weapon such as the MK12 and then don't bother to actually differentiate the damage it does.