Sign in to follow this  
alduric

Helmet camo problem

Hey guys, im trying to reskin helmet - " headgear_b_helmet_ballistic "

Im using this tutorial: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148130-Arma3-Characters-Modding-Tutorial&p=2324469&viewfull=1#post2324469

I do hole config step by step without any errors and mistakes, in game my helmet name is proper as in config but looks like standard one....Without my own textures. I already retexture vest and body :/ but cant beat this helmet...Any1 have idea where may be a problem?

Moved this to the proper place.

First question, are you using the stable or development branch?

Apparently stable version helmet models don't have the necessary stuff in them to be retextured via config and that seems to have been fixed in the development branch. If you're on stable, try to switch to development and see if it works.

Oh i see, and i can switch back to stable version back from dev? If not i think its better to wait for patch =P

Oh i see, and i can switch back to stable version back from dev? If not i think its better to wait for patch =P

Yes, you can switch between them at will. :)

DnA has explained here what you can expect from each branch during the development process.

How long it can take to implement those changes to our stable version?

I'm on the development branch (0.51.103078), followed Stiltmans tutorial but my custom helmet texture still has not been applied :(

Solved my problem

I added a folder called a3 in the ArmA3 root containing uncompressed pbo's (characters_f, data_f etc) when I was playing around with buldozer. I deleted this folder and ArmA would not start, so I verified the integrity of the game cache and something got downloaded. I then ran ArmA and custom helmet texture appeared and build version was the same. So maybe adding extra files to the ArmA3 root interferes with updates.

Edited by surpher
Problem solved, may help others

@up

Sad info for me :/

Why cant you just use the development branch? As soon as you switch it off Steam will revert your Arma3 to the other version, simple.