Sign in to follow this  
Earacorn

Mortar help

Does anyone know how to make an Opfor mortar team fire at a certain location on the map? say once they are triggered? I'm a complete idiot with scripting, I'm trying to learn though so please explain in dummy terms.

I have a solution for when you want to bomb a specific known location the same way every time.

1) place a load of game logic markers, called t_0 t_1 ... etc.

2) have a trigger that activates on your conditions. Place the following in the init line. xhandler = [this] execVM "bombLoop.sqf";

3) go to the mission folder through My Documents and create the following sqf file through notepad:

hint "boom boom boom";// make sure the script is executes, remove this when you are sure it is. 
_logics = [t_0, t_1, t_2, t_3, t_4, t_5, t_6, t_7, t_8, t_09, t_10, t_11, t_12, t_13]; // Create an array with the names of all of the logics.
{shell = "Sh_82mm_AMOS" createVehicle  getpos _x; shell setVelocity [0,0,-45]; sleep 2;} foreach _logics; // Create an explosion at the position of each logic with a one second delay (change the number after sleep to change the delay).

If you know how to set up the trigger that will set this in motion you have a simple programmable mortar strike.

Thanks to Loyalguard for is help in making the script.

---------- Post added at 00:40 ---------- Previous post was at 00:35 ----------

if this seems too scripted (the bombs falling on exactly the same place every time) you can use placement radii to move the game logic around randomly.

But is there a way to make an enemy mk6 mortar team fire at selected enemies on sight?

Mine do fire automatically on the enemy, I never even thought they would.

Edited by F2k Sel

are you wanting to fire at them automatically or be able to call in the mortors yourself? check out jester's video's look for the support module one, i'd post a link but i'm new here and can't yet

I want the enemies to be able to spot me and call in mortar support, Its easy for me to set them up for myself.. But I want triggers so that if I'm detected in this certain zone they know to call mortars on my position.

Try using a Reveal command - that will tell the fireteam where you are. Chances are they will fire at your location then.

I like this idea. 1 problem though if someone can help.

xhandler = [this] execVM "bombLoop.sqf

What if I just want to stick it all in SQF file (don't need a trigger) ?