Sign in to follow this  
Aardman55

Questions regarding VBS 2 (Virtual Battlespace 2)

Hello first!

So, after some time, ArmA 2 has become a little boring to me from the combat aspects (ejecting out of helicopters that are 200km up the sky and on fullspeed and flying over ramps and smashing soldiers is still fun, though.)

Also sorry if this is the wrong topic / forum / site.

Now, after some time of looking at all kinds of stuff from VBS2, scripting info, wiki sites, youtube vids etc.. I decided to get some money and buy a SEAT Academic liscense.

Im not searching for opinions, Im not a fan of mp since I mostly spawn in when most of the battle is done and I dont care if its hard or such im ready to go through the pain whatever it shall be.

So, first off, can a normal civilian (and I mean normal, someone whos spends his time buying food and drinks, games, playing computer games like hl2 payday the heist etc, your average dude.) buy the academic lisence? I saw many normal civies on youtube playing it and saying they've got a academic liscene but I need to be sure.

Also, I'm in germany right now, and since its 500 dollars in the store, can I buy it for 382 euros (atleast thats what it shows as of 16th march), or do I HAVE to pay it in dollars, and am I unable to pay with euros?

Then, when I buy it, do I instantly have it and does it take the money from my bank account / paypal or can I chose what payment method I want, and does it get shipped as a cd or can I instadownload it?

Then, are Arma 1 and 2 addons compatible with vbs2? I mean like can you use units maps modules scripts etc from arma 1 and 2 and use them in vbs2?

And lastly, does a academic license differ from a normal seat one, or is it just because the military companys are forced to pay more?

Sorry for the bad english!

I don't really have any answers for that, but perhaps you could try this thread instead, it's the official VBS2 discussion thread so somebody there could probably help.

Buying Academic seat license is pointless - they have Personal Edition for civilians, it just isn't in the shop.

ArmA1 addons are compatible but don't expect them to work smoothly (engine differences). ArmA2 addons are sadly not compatible despite what marketing videos show.

Also don't expect it to be better than ArmA2 or 3 (it's better in some, inferior in some). You can just blow 500 bucks and get disappointed.

I wouldn't waste my money. It's not meant as a game, but as an army simulator to train very specific situations and procedures. If you take away those uses it's basically an improved ArmA1 build. Both ArmA2 and ArmA3 will be better mil-sim games.

I don't really have any answers for that, but perhaps you could try this thread instead, it's the official VBS2 discussion thread so somebody there could probably help.

The title of linked thread already tells you why this one is locked, "VBS2 Discussion thread - the one and only ".