Sign in to follow this  
MrJackdaw

Default Keymap

New to the game and a little overwhelmed by the variety of controls.

Very overwhelmed!

Has anyone produced a printout keymap yet? Is there an official one? I have tried googling and only found keymaps for Arma 2.

Just go in to the editor, plop down a unit, and hit "Preview". Enjoy the scenery and go through your controls without any worries. You're going to want to change a lot of the default bindings anyways.

Not seen an official one yet, but it's unimportant, because you should find your own preferations. MrJackdaw, there are a few threads on key bindings here - with very good ideas. I already can tell you you won't find the perfect key mapping, because it's very individual. Find your own way.

As a start, I think the "c" key is important (easily accessible for WASD players) and the new combat stance is waste of a key here. Maybe think about putting combat stance and other stuff on the num keys, which you can easily access with your right hand while running straight forward.

The theoretically simplest solution would be to simply go into controls, click Presets near the bottom and pick the Arma 2 preset -- that way, other than the stance adjust key (by default holding Ctrl) and combat pace (dunno) the Arma 2 keymaps will be accurate.

In the Arma 3 preset, so far as I can tell the squad command keys are basically the same except that the tilde key (~) is "select all units under your command" instead of the spacebar.

As a start, I think the "c" key is important (easily accessible for WASD players)
That's probably why "combat pace" was put there... I'm certainly liking the default keybinds.

Arma 2 Op Arrowhead has a nice layout - HERE