Sign in to follow this  
dkraver

Mg pack from taiwan workshop

Just saw that Taiwan workshop have released a MG pack with 4 new MG models.

M240

M249 SAW

M249 PIP

M249 PARA

Downloaded them and models and sounds are great. And you can choose from 700 to 1000 rpm on the m249's.

But They all have the muzzle flash bug sad.gif and they have black tracers. Also there are no readme file with weapon and mag name. Tried searching their site to find a email link to tell them this but all is in taiwanese (or what its called smile.gif ) which i cant read. So is there any that can read it and tell them to fix this almost perfect addon??

Link to web site

Taiwan Workshop

Muzzle flash bug now that resistance is out....? that's a little sloppy given that all you need is 3 lines of code to fix it sad.gif

if anyone needs it, this is the code fix that goes in the config.cpp to remove the muzzleflash bug.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

//CfgModels definitions

class CfgModels

{

class Default{};

class Weapon: Default{};

class M249: Weapon{};

class m240MG: Weapon{};

class M249para: Weapon{};

class M249pip: Weapon{};

};<span id='postcolor'>

the weapons:

otwM240MG: M240 MAG (or L7 GMPG if you are a brit ;-))

otwM249MG: M249 SAW

otwM249paraMG: m249 PARA

otwM249pipMG: M249 PIP

ammo:

otwM240Mag: M240 MAG Magazine

otwM249Mag: M249 SAW/PARA/PIP Magazine

Aren't those their old M249's and T74's just renamed?

The old ones were non-Oxygen made but looked identical. However they suffered from LOD problems where they would revert to PK's (especially the T-74 otherwise known as the M240 or FNMag) Are these new ones made in Oxygen or just the old ones rehashed?

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hi. I noticed that the pack is not on the Taiwan Workshop site. I tried to download but file is not found on site. Perhaps there is something wrong and they took it down.

Douglas

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dsawan @ July 16 2002,16:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi. I noticed that the pack is not on the Taiwan Workshop site. I tried to download but file is not found on site. Perhaps there is something wrong and they took it down.

Douglas<span id='postcolor'>

I just checked the link posted at the beginning of this thread, and the U.S. MG pack is clear as day up at the top of the page.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

maybe they took it of to change the config to solve the muzzle flash thing

@dsawan

'Download->Addons->M249ˇBM240¨t¦Cˇ]M249, M240 seriesˇ^'

'Download' [uSMG.zip]

The code to fix the muzzle flash bug is listed above. I don't think there is a config file in what I downloaded. What can I do to fix it.

you need to extract the config.cpp file from the .pbo file (you can get a tool to do so from www.ofpeditingcenter.com) and insert the fix and then recompile it.

or i could just send you a fixed version if you like.

Dave

Could you tell me what one to get from OFP Editing Center? I downloaded a couple but they didn't look like they were what you were talking about.

I have read a lot about the muzzle flash bug, what exactly is this? I tried entering the code as mentioned above, but since I am new to all this, I must have done something wrong, because after I reloaded the file, I got lots of error messages. I will still keep trying, since that is the best way to learn.

I also downloade the Mk 19 from the Taiwan site, but I get an error message when I try to add the weapon in the mission editor. Is there another file necessary? The readme file doesn't say anything?

I appreciate the help.

you only need the fix if you are using resistance, with the new version it makes the models appear with the muzzle flash on all the time (because the game treats it like a static model and doesnt animate it). if you are using version 1.47 or less, you dont need it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SPGRules @ July 17 2002,12:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have read a lot about the muzzle flash bug, what exactly is this?  I tried entering the code as mentioned above, but since I am new to all this, I must have done something wrong, because after I reloaded the file, I got lots of error messages.  I will still keep trying, since that is the best way to learn.

I also downloade the Mk 19 from the Taiwan site, but I get an error message when I try to add the weapon in the mission editor.  Is there another file necessary?  The readme file doesn't say anything?

I appreciate the help.<span id='postcolor'>

The MK19 doesn't work unless you have their Taiwan soldier units, and those don't work cuz they require some other obscure .pbo that I couldn't find so I gave up trying to use their MK19...which is a shame because it looked really nice.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ July 17 2002,17:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SPGRules @ July 17 2002,12:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have read a lot about the muzzle flash bug, what exactly is this?  I tried entering the code as mentioned above, but since I am new to all this, I must have done something wrong, because after I reloaded the file, I got lots of error messages.  I will still keep trying, since that is the best way to learn.

I also downloade the Mk 19 from the Taiwan site, but I get an error message when I try to add the weapon in the mission editor.  Is there another file necessary?  The readme file doesn't say anything?

I appreciate the help.<span id='postcolor'>

The MK19 doesn't work unless you have their Taiwan soldier units, and those don't work cuz they require some other obscure .pbo that I couldn't find so I gave up trying to use their MK19...which is a shame because it looked really nice.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

use it empty and with a get in way point or empty and with move in gunner, that how i use it smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (vade_101 @ July 16 2002,12:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">if anyone needs it, this is the code fix that goes in the config.cpp to remove the muzzleflash bug.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

//CfgModels definitions

class CfgModels

{

class Default{};

class Weapon: Default{};

class M249: Weapon{};

class m240MG: Weapon{};

class M249para: Weapon{};

class M249pip: Weapon{};

};<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

Where in the config file do i insert this? Do i have to delete a part and then insert it, or can i just insert it without deleting any part of the config?

you don't need to delete anything, it just inserts into the .cpp

Is there any particular place you need to insert it. I inserted it at the bottom and it still had the muzzle flash.

I think i put it in between cfgpatches and cfgweapons, if you are still having probs let me know and i'll mail you the fixed zip

Dave

I tried to get it to work for a little an still couldn't get it done. My e-mail address is rgarraux@cox.net

Thanks for all the help.