Sign in to follow this  
Mallachar

Helicopter wont stay in hover

Hello Everyone,

I have a MH-9 that flys over the ocean at a height of 4 so that the people on it can jump into the ocean. The waypoint is a hold waypoint, so he is suppose to stay there until the trigger makes him move. The problem I have, is that if I get out, and not everyone else does, he will hover for about 20-30 seconds, but then fly over land and hover on land. The next waypoint is in the opposite direction.

So on top of having the hold waypoint, I am using the dostop command, the disableai move command, but nothing seems to work. Anyone know why the helicopter decides to move on its own, or how I can just make it stay still until the trigger is activated?

I also have him set to careless, captive (so he doesn't get shot at), disableai target and auto target. I have tried spawning it as a normal MH-9, as well as an empty MH-9 with the pilot moved into it. I just cannot seem to get it to not fly off.

I think that disableAi isn't working for choppers, I haven't been able to make one land if there any enemy AI around, It was easy in A2/OA

You could try using a transport unload waypoint paired with an invisible helipad set to sea level, however I don't know whether the AI pilot would like it. I'll try it in a bit and let you know, if it works I'll upload it. Another more tedious way would be to use the unit capture - unit play method and force eject all the unit except the pilot and co-pilot.

You could try using a transport unload waypoint paired with an invisible helipad set to sea level, however I don't know whether the AI pilot would like it. I'll try it in a bit and let you know, if it works I'll upload it. Another more tedious way would be to use the unit capture - unit play method and force eject all the unit except the pilot and co-pilot.

I have tried the force eject, it doesn't work. I unassign everyone and use the eject command, but no go.

I tried the landing pad, but there is non that I can see in the editor so far.

OK I'll be back at my PC in a bit, I'll get it working and uploaded it for you. So just to be clear:

Chopper with player and AI divers fly out to sea with AI pilot then eject and swim off. Helicopter disappears into distance?

I've got this working, with a little butchering. Create a group name on your group leaders init:

groupname = group this

Set the hoverwaypoint to a unload, set the waypoint height to 1 or so and on the waypoint action field try out:

helicoptername flyinheight 10; {_x action ["eject", helicoptername]} foreach units groupname; helicoptergroup setcurrentwaypoint [helicoptergroup, 4];

The set waypoint part prevents your helo from getting stuck on unload. All units in your group will be kicked out when you hit the unload point. Waypoint 4 for me comes after this unload action and is a move waypoint, so as soon as all are ejected it moves to that waypoint. I did have to make triggers to prevent fall damage right under the helo, because even at 6 meters I was having deaths. Did this by making a trigger in the hover zone:

{_x addeventhandler ["hit", {(_this select 0) setdamage 0;}];} foreach units groupname;

And then another 4 triggers right around it with (couldn't seem to make it work with on dea):

{_x addeventhandler ["hit", {(_this select 0) setdamage 1;}];} foreach units groupname;

So that it triggers damage back on when they walk through it, both of them are set to repeated activation. And here is a Working Example for you... It does have a radio alpha trigger to being the mission.

I think that disableAi isn't working for choppers, I haven't been able to make one land if there any enemy AI around, It was easy in A2/OA

Try setfleeing to 0.

Edited by Camaris