Sign in to follow this  
ablueslime

Major sound issues.

Every single time ive tried to play i'm made with sound issues so bad the game is unplayable. Occasionally there is random buzzing, which most of the time is followed by ear splitting screeching. It happens enough to where i cannot play the game. In addition to this, my guns also do not make any noise when I shoot them. Also, every once in a while i get an error saying "sound counter cannot be found". Does anyone know how to fix this?

Edited by ablueslime

Every single time ive tried to play i'm made with sound issues so bad the game is unplayable. Occasionally there is random buzzing, which most of the time is followed by ear splitting screeching. It happens enough to where i cannot play the game. In addition to this, my guns also do not make any noise when I shoot them. Also, every once in a while i get an error saying "sound counter cannot be found". Does anyone know how to fix this?

maybe you're missing some files.

test to verify the integrity of game cache on steam :j:

Validated just fine.

Anyone else have an idea? i really want to play :(

Edited by ablueslime

Anyone got anything on this? Even if it is an alpha i did pay for it and would quite like to play it.

Come on theres got to be a way to fix this! has anyone else even had this issue?!

What is your sound set up?

Are you using a headset, is it usb with it's own special software?

Are you using a sound card

Are your drivers/software up to date.

If you are using on board audio from your motherboard, go to the manufactures website and look up your make and model and see if any drivers/bios is out of date.

Some extra questions for you:

What is your OS (version)

Have you set the Audio driver to "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device"? Try and turn this off

Edited by ozzbik
unreadable text because of formating (copy/paste)

@RuecanOnRails: I'm using a universal wireless afterglow headset. All my divers are up to date. Oddly this morning when i tried the game again the gun sounds worked but foot steps were super quiet, and i just played just now and the gun sounds stopped again.

@ozzbik: windows 7 ultimate, and i tried turning that off but it didnt help.

@RuecanOnRails: I'm using a universal wireless afterglow headset. All my divers are up to date. Oddly this morning when i tried the game again the gun sounds worked but foot steps were super quiet, and i just played just now and the gun sounds stopped again.

@ozzbik: windows 7 ultimate, and i tried turning that off but it didnt help.

I am posting so this thread doesn't die. I was using the same exact headset and was having issues. BTW, i sent that back for a full refund...nice little headset but for cheaper....turtle beach ear force z6a....anyway I have the sound issues with gunshot and the screeching noises claimed in the OP with both headsets. Not sure why, drivers are fine....

Have you tried using your integral sound device with wired headphones/earbuds, just as a test?

It seems to work when i play the audio through the TV (i use a TV as a monitor for right now) Ive just tested it a few times and its worked every time.

EDIT: This does not mean its fixed however, i need to use my headset for obvious reasons.

Edited by ablueslime