Sign in to follow this  
scout

A canadian sniper.......

makes the longest shot in history during operation Anaconda

and gets slaped for it

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">During the fighting, Canadian Sniper Cpl Arron Perry killed a Taliban/al-Qa'ida at 2430 metres with .50 cal MacMillan Tac-50.

<span id='postcolor'>

way to go bro........

That's one impressive shot!!

I don't understand why did they punnish the guy. Can somebody explain it to me? confused.gif

That was totally stupid. The guy did his job and he gets in trouble, how stupid can people be?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (residuum @ July 15 2002,22:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I read the same article, however the one I read quoted him as saying something to the effect that he couldn't have done it without American ammo.<span id='postcolor'>

it was a thread called "Snipers"...should be about one or two pages back....and that news was from a canadian source..i never heard any US news agency talk about it.

If the news of the sniper's current state is true and the procedure that led to is true, then I say Canadian politicians are just hopeless.

If it was all about American ammo, then americans would be making shots like this all the time... but wait, they arent. So...that has to tell you something.

And dont put this on Canadians... put it on an overly politically correct leadership. But if this guy does have discipline problem, they DO have deal with it, right? Beinga good shot doesnt mean you can do what you like.

Before I judge either way, I'd personally like to know more about it.

Well, that story doesn't look complete.

Not only that but if you want to talk news, news should have no opinions in it, just facts, therefore this is pure horse shit.

Is there no better source than that?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This was however not the case. The Canadians hold their own Army in contempt and were in fact embarrassed that Canadian citizens were such adept killers and had no intention of honouring their soldiers' bravery on the battlefield.

Instead of decorating the Sniper Teams, the men were subject to intense counselling including an investigation because one of the soldiers has taken a photo of the terrorists killed.<span id='postcolor'>

confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

What the hell is this world coming to? Excuse me, but isn't it a sniper's job to kill the enemy? Would they rather their troops be inept and die on the battlefield? *sigh*

We dont really know the whole story...all we have is this report that may or may not be slanted.

11b, if someone in your unit was a discipline problem... but a really good shot... would he be forgiven the discipline problems because he's a good shot?

All I am saying is that we really dont know the facts...so it's terribly hard to form a reasoned point of view.

If this guy is just being punished for being good at his job and aggresive..then some head needs to roll.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">11b, if someone in your unit was a discipline problem... but a really good shot... would he be forgiven the discipline problems because he's a good shot?

<span id='postcolor'>

Depends on how much ammo we got. tounge.gif

No...seriously, our unit is really casual (as most SOCOM units are), but very professional. They let us be crazy, but not to the extent where it jeapordizes safety. After all, being a good shot doesn't make you a good soldier, but every good soldier must shoot well. Our 1st Sergeant and CO do not hesitate when kicking fuck-ups out of the unit.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ July 16 2002,03:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Depends on how much ammo we got. tounge.gif

No...seriously, our unit is really casual (as most SOCOM units are), but very professional. They let us be crazy, but not to the extent where it jeapordizes safety. After all, being a good shot doesn't make you a good soldier, but every good soldier must shoot well. Our 1st Sergeant and CO do not hesitate when kicking fuck-ups out of the unit.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL!

Exactly my point though.

On the other hand, I wouldnt put it past the politically correct morons that seem to be in charge of our country to have slepped this guy down for being exactly what he was trained to be. It's sad. We dont have a big army, but we have always prided ourselves on the excellence of our training and the professionalism of our soldiers. And so I dearly hope that this guy is a loose cannon, rather than an (relatively) innocent soldier.

Hmmm... I see.... and yes, what exactly is the policy on masturbation during combat? confused.gif

*Aaron Kane was later sleeping under a cow*

Actually, when we saw this story earlier, it was a bit different. Instead of 'disagreeing' with the chaplain, he 'slapped' him. Thats a bit of a difference. But still, either stick him in a shit detail and give him his medal, or take the medal away and let him stay in a sniper outfit

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmmm... I see.... and yes, what exactly is the policy on masturbation during combat?<span id='postcolor'>

Lol!

A good field whack is SOP.

One of my buddies plotted all of his field whacks on a map when he did the T.R.E.K. at Special Forces Selection and Assessment. tounge.gif

Dude, unless you are an archeologist, digging up old threads will get you into a world a shit with the moderators.

-=Die Alive=-

Digging up old threads = bad.

Closing smile.gif