Sign in to follow this  
cotton

Mission optimization

Hi, I have been working on a mission and everything works well in the editor, but when in multiplayer, the fps drops to a halt. I have also set up a server on my work machine (2 xeon processors with 12 gb each) and when #monitoring its frame rate drops to a halt also. I tested some other user missions along with BIS missions and the frame rate stays at 50 (which leads to the question how can i get it higher?). This tells me that my mission is not properly optimized. I have not run into this issue, at least that i know of, for arma 2 CO. Can anyone help me or point me in the direction to optimizing my missions? I have searched the forums along with others and google with no luck. The word optimization is overwhelmed with results regarding optimizing your computers performance.

Thanks in advance!

We will probably need some more details about your mission. Here are some questions consider in the meantime?

Do you have a lot of loops or uses of waitUntil in your mission? Do you use publicVariable a lot (especially in conjunction with loops/waitUntil)? How many AI units are involved?

I do have some loops and waituntil's. I was thinking that is the issue. A link to the compressed pbo is below. I used similar scripts for arma2 and never had these issues. I suppose they need to be different for Arma3? Basically, my scripts do the following: airlift a vehicle; spawn on squad leader; and fill a crate.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/62490000/arma3/rush2.Stratis.pbo

Thanks for your response!

Thanks, i will give that a shot! I figure that i will remove all scripts and start adding one by one to find the culprit now that i know its probably a scripting issue.

I had the same issue with the fill crate script. Apparently every player is filling it at same time which will create server lag. I recommend a preset list (not everything in the damn game) in the ammo/weapon/item crates. Once I shrank it down to 5 guns/ammo and 20 items everything went much smoother

Edited by bjwimer
spelling

in this case no one is accessing the crates, and it happens when its just me testing the stability

it was the fill script... thanks!

Yes for reference for anyone else, The current Fill Script puts a lot of lag into the mission, even if its not the 2min resupply one. I'll post that on his thread, if it isn't already. Using the Virtual Box though, works just fine.

Yes for reference for anyone else, The current Fill Script puts a lot of lag into the mission, even if its not the 2min resupply one. I'll post that on his thread, if it isn't already. Using the Virtual Box though, works just fine.

Good idea to post it in the fill script thread... from what I can tell it's a bug with locality and ammo boxes?? Anyway the VAS thing is a godsend.