Sign in to follow this  
ravenmorpheus

Seattle - how accurate is the map?

Just a quick question...

I've been looking on Google Maps as I noticed in ToH there is a stadium near to the Space Needle (think it's to the east, don't know what it is though) so I thought I'd look that up on a real world map.

And looking at the overall shape of the land mass on Google Maps, I could see the bit where the Larkin heliport is supposed to be located, made me wonder - how accurate is the map in the game?

Not know the landmarks I can't comment, but the general shape of the landmass looks spot on.

EDIT - Ok I found out. Very accurate is the answer. I found the Vilhawks stadium exactly where the Seahawks stadium is in real life. :cool:

Edited by RavenMorpheus

Yeah, it's very accurate. I compared the map to a google map and it's really accurate. I found quite a few buildings where they are supposed to be, of course the higher-profile buildings, but also several others like hospitals etc. They did an outstanding job on the map.

The basis is real satellite data so it's mostly accurate. We did make some creative changes to e.g. where the Larkin heliport is, but it could easily happen in real life given a few months of construction ;)

Not long ago, I sent a friend a video of me bombing his apartment in Seattle with an A-10. He got to looking, and said that models aside, it's spot on. He said he saw the road he bikes to work on every day, and even picked out the dispensary where he buys his cannabis. Even shows a pretty accurate depiction of the golf course a couple blocks away, and the park that he reads in.