You could change it to

No Clutter

Low

Med

high

Ultra

etc

If I turned it off my FPS went from 20 to 60+

I am not a modder or anything but It would be really awesome if anyone knew how to do this locally so I can actually play the game above 20 fps

no, we will not help you cheat.

Cheat, how?

When I joined the server I had like 6 options when I scrolled my mouse wheel.

Blue text and when I chose No clutter I went from 20 fps to 60 fps.

I would much rather be able to play the game then worry about cheating.

to turn off clutter just go to your video options. under the quality tab set terrain detail to low. grass and stuff should disappear. It is often considered cheating because you have no grass obstructing your view while other players do. same goes for shadows and what not. turning them off make it easier for you.

to turn off clutter just go to your video options. under the quality tab set terrain detail to low. grass and stuff should disappear. It is often considered cheating because you have no grass obstructing your view while other players do. same goes for shadows and what not. turning them off make it easier for you.

Turning them to low doesn't remove it for me. I'm not really trying to cheat but I can barely play the game as it is.

Turning them to low doesn't remove it for me. I'm not really trying to cheat but I can barely play the game as it is.

Hmmm it does for me... Are you trying in MP or SP? I believe servers can automatically force you to have a certain amount of clutter to ensure everyone is fighting on an equal playing field. If that's the case, then you're gonna have to just stick with the frames you got. If you can't turn off clutter with "terrain detail set to low" even in SP then sorry I don't know how to help.

I understand that your not trying to cheat, I too turn off clutter in SP in dense forests/urban areas otherwise it becomes pretty unplayable.

Edited by -Coulum-

Try set it on Low and restart. Doing this in the video settings has only a effect for SP and Editor. For COOP etc there must be a server side script that allows you to do that.