Sign in to follow this  
PreacherH

Any tweaks to increase ArmA 3 alpha's performance?

I'm getting about 30-50 fps on Medium settings and it's pretty poor performance according to the game's Recommended requirements

My PC rig:

AMD Sapphire HD6870 (1GB) latest update driver 13.2 beta 7

8GB Ram

Intel core i5 3470

1.5TB HDD

So any tweaks or instructions to boost the performance will be Appreciated.

Thanks.

Don't ignore the view distance sliders and the impact that shadows have on performance.

- Viewdistance down (every slider), note that in MP server controls viewdistance

- V-Sync off

- Shadows off

- Terrain quality to lower setting

- PiP off

- AA off

- ATOC off

- Particles quality to lower setting

- Object quality to lower setting

- HDR to Low

Edited by Ezcoo

- Viewdistance down (every slider), note that in MP server controls viewdistance

- Shadows off

- Terrain quality to lower setting

- PiP off

- AA off

- ATOC off

- Particles quality to lower setting

- Object quality to lower setting

- HDR to Low

Looks i forgot to say"i want to increase the performance with good graphics"i don't know if i lowered everything in the game.it will be UGLY or not.but i'll try

Looks i forgot to say"i want to increase the performance with good graphics"i don't know if i lowered everything in the game.it will be UGLY or not.but i'll try

Those settings don't affect the overall look that much I think, but in general, you just have to test different combinations of settings again and again. I'd suggest getting a program that meters your FPS (MSI Afterburner is probably the best choice), then change every setting step by step and keep your eyes on the FPS counter in the corner of the screen.

Edit: Forgot the V-Sync, disable it.

Edited by Ezcoo

View distance for me seems to be the only thing that actually affects my FPS. With everything maxed out and default view distance, I got around 25-35 FPS in the showcases. I tried turning everything else to minimum while playing on multiplayer, and there was no difference in FPS. After I changed the view distance to around 1500-1700, however, I pretty much never get below 30 FPS now, except for the servers that have their view distance turned really high.

There is a sticky thread you should use when suffering from low performance: Low CPU utilization & Low FPS

It's really not necessary that everyone with performance problems creates a new thread. ;-)

§7) Search before posting

If you have a question, please use the forum search function before posting to make sure that it hasn't been answered before. There is a big chance it has, not only does

searching help to keep the forum free of multiple threads it will also help you to get an answer much quicker.

§8) Post in the right forum & right thread

Please ensure you make new threads in the correct forum, if you're unsure of which forum to post in feel free to ask a moderator. If a thread exists for the topic you wish

to post about you must use it, for example all ACE questions belong in the ACE thread. All addon/mod questions belong in the thread for that addon/mod. In the case of DayZ

discussions they should be posted on the DayZ forums, this includes problems with the Modification. The troubleshooting forum is not for problems with Addons and Mods!

Forum rules