Sign in to follow this  
Bladesfist

Detect if mine has been placed

I want to detect if the player has placed an AT Mine on the road before I send a convoy in. I have tried using a trigger and putting count (nearestObjects [position this, ["ATMine_Range_Mag"], 10]) > 0 but without any luck. This method would also give me a circular check when I want to know if the mine is inside the triggers rect. Does anyone have any ideas?

Does anybody know how to resolve this? I have exactly the same problem. I want to have a trigger fire when a mine is placed on (not around or near) a certain stretch of road.

Could use the "FIRED" eventHandler ?

this addEventHandler ["FIRED", {if ( (_this select 4) isKindOf "TimeBombCore") then { hint "mine planted"};  }];

This placed in the players init will hint everytime you place a mine. Then just check the players location.

or

({(typeOf _x) isKindOf "TimeBombCore"}count (nearestObjects [thistrigger,[],1]) > 0)

in a trigger condition will fire when a mine has been planted within 1m of the trigger.

Edited by Larrow

Thanks Larrow - trouble is, the 'within 1m of the trigger'. I don't know if it's even possible to do, but I was looking for a way to detect the mine within the boundaries of a road. A square trigger works - but the within 1m etc. creates a circular trigger effect. Any ideas? Thanks for your suggestion though. As I said, I may well be looking for the impossible!

({ ((typeOf _x) isKindOf "TimeBombCore") && {[thisTrigger, _x] call BIS_fnc_inTrigger}}count (nearestObjects [thistrigger, [], ( ((((triggerArea thisTrigger) select 0)/2)*(((triggerArea thisTrigger) select 0)/2)) + ((((triggerArea thisTrigger) select 1)/2)*(((triggerArea thisTrigger) select 1)/2)) ) ]) > 0)

Looks long and complicated but is a cover all condition. Basically it will look for all "TimeBombCore" objects with in a radius of the corner distance of the trigger, then check whether this object is actually within the triggers area. No need to change anything just chuck it in any size/shape trigger and it should be good to go. A little bit of overscan maybe on the nearestObjects but its late and im too tired to think up a better solution atm. :D

Thanks man - seems to do the job perfectly! Guess if I want to set a specific mine, I'd just need to change "TimeBombCore" to the relevant classname? Again, many thanks!

Guess if I want to set a specific mine, I'd just need to change "TimeBombCore" to the relevant classname?

Correct. "TimeBombCore" is a parent class that i used for testing as it catches the majority of mines/charges.

Nice one Larrow! Spectacular help - really, really appreciated!