Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Eduardo del Mango

Unable to slot on MP.

Heyo,

I'm finding I can't join into any slots on any MP servers, regardless of game type or stage (happens if I join during setup or JIP). Either clicking on the slot I'm after or dragging my name from the list on the right over does nothing.

Any ideas?

-Eduardo

Additional - I can be moved into an empty slot by an admin, or join an empty slot if I'm hosting myself, but if I'm connecting to somebody else's server I can't move myself to a slot.

this may be related to the latest dev build bug that stops the unit assignment screen being displayed or has you spawn as a seagul, hopefully fixed tomorrow

Sorry don't think this is related to initial post

raise a ticket on http://feedback.arma3.com/my_view_page.php

Its due to the server and client not have the same build. If you are running the developmental build then joining a server with stable build will show the blank lobby and turn everyone into birds upon joining the actual game. Just make sure your build matches the one that the server is running.

Huh - I'll go check ASAP Cpt. Cubano, although I'm on the stable build and I'm pretty certain the servers I was trying to join were too.

Edit: confirmed, this is happening on servers that describe themselves as being both dev build and non-dev bulid.

Edited by Capt. Eduardo del Mango

I'm having the same issue.

This issue persisted through a format of my hard drive and switching from Windows 8, down to windows 7, so I'm guessing it must be hardware related. I have an Apple keyboard and a wireless Logitech M510 for my mouse. I would love to find out what we have in common to try to figure this thing out. I can't play multiplayer unless I host it.

This issue should have been resolved with the inability to connect to servers running different builds of the game.

If you go into steam, right click on arma 3 alpha in your library, go to properties. Go over to the "Betas" tab and select OPT IN. Now try to to connect to one of the few servers running development builds. If you were already opt'ed in you could opt out (though for alpha testings I suggest you stay opt in unless unable to play like you are experiencing)

The problem with not be able to select a faction or anything of the sort has been due in the past to server and client running different builds of the game. I have yet to see a hardware issue cause this. You could also try opening up/searching for a feedback thread on the feedback site.

I've switched back and forth between the versions and I promise you it's not a version mismatch.

I've switched back and forth between the versions and I promise you it's not a version mismatch.

I'm experiencing the same problem on both builds, too. Verifying the game's cache and reinstalling hasn't fixed the problem.

Has this been solved?

Don't mention builds please. Haven't been able to get rid of this problem since the start, and the my server and me are the same build.

What just struck me as possible reasons.

1. Version mismatch. That might allow you to join game but might kick you in some time.

2. Server or slots are locked. Mostly likely not since it is your server.

3. You are lagging with server. That causes delay and can take up multiple minutes before actually processed. Example: You click red 1-1 slot, 2 minutes pass before you actually hop in.

4. Bug that is on ARMA side and you won´t solve it by yourself.

EDIT

5. Player who dropped out still "occupies" slot. This happens when someones connections blacks out so you just have to wait for time-out to clear the slot. The time-out sometimes does not clear the slot and it is locked till game ends and new map is chosen. Mostly likely not case if server is empty.

1. Version mismatch. That might allow you to join game but might kick you in some time.

Nope. Server and client same version.

3. You are lagging with server. That causes delay and can take up multiple minutes before actually processed. Example: You click red 1-1 slot, 2 minutes pass before you actually hop in.

Server pop does not matter. Crowded, empty, or just a few. Doesn't matter.

4. Bug that is on ARMA side and you won´t solve it by yourself.

Would like to know either way. Developer response would be nice.

5. Player who dropped out still "occupies" slot. This happens when someones connections blacks out so you just have to wait for time-out to clear the slot. The time-out sometimes does not clear the slot and it is locked till game ends and new map is chosen. Mostly likely not case if server is empty.

New start and empty at time.

Just another idea... Assuming that you can click some buttons or even change faction but cannot join slot there is a chance that UI is wrong. I do not know how exactly UI is handled by our BI guys but if they handle it as main frame and subframes it is possible that sub frame with slots is off.

This happened to me many times on other systems and maybe even on ARMA. The button is shown right but actual trigger is off. It can end up like this.

c47g.jpg

You keep clicking the slot and nothing happens because the trigger is in between the graphical button. Try going to settings and change UI size and try out calibration.

This is silly idea and not likely to happen but I have seen it too many times.

With rtespect to your idea. I tried all sizes of gui. No use.

It doesn't address the fact that I, like others with the same problem, can select slot after disconnecting and reconnecting.

Another fact is that if I wait until I,m able to connect, I get kicked off for no response.