Sign in to follow this  
edc

Resistance

I just got Resistance yesterday. The first time I went to start it up it got to the screen right before the menu where you select single missions, mission editor or whatever and then it went back to the desktop. I tried it again and it worked fine. Today when I go to start it up it does the same thing except it says "Cannot memory-map file 'dta\music' ". I've tried to open it several times today and it keeps doing that. What causes this and how can it be fixed?

When you're asking people to help it's rather useful if post your complete system specs smile.gif

Seeing as this question relates to memory it would have helped if you'd told us how much memory you have smile.gif

Anyways delete all the downloaded addons you have if you have any, free up loads of space on your hard drive and let the swapfile manage itself or set it to something like at least a 500mb minimum if not higher.

And if you don't have much ram (minimum 256mb) get some more smile.gif

I got 319mbs of RAM, and I have a thirty gig hard-drive but I bet the problem is that I only have like 700 mega bytes left. I hope I get some more in the next week or so.  I restarted my computer and it worked.  It only seems to happen some of the time.  Is there any way to keep the muzzle flash form coming up on downloaded addons in Resistance?  I don't have it on HW T&L.

Muzzle flash...ugh. It's a drag to have to disable T & L when you have a decent machine + video card, but it's worth it to get rid of the damn muzzle flash. Seeing SEB's Vietcong guerillas a half a klick away deep in the bush just cuz their weapons have a big white "SHOOT ME NOW" flare coming out of their muzzle definitely kills the realism factor.

So, is this bug EVER going to get fixed? If not, what's the workaround for 1.75?

Thanks!

SSRat

stainless_steel_rat@hotmail.com

fo.jpg

It was fixed in Resistance, but addon makers have to edit their config.cpp's slightly and then re-release the addons before it will work properly. It takes time.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (edc @ July 12 2002,23:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I got 319mbs of RAM, and I have a thirty gig hard-drive but I bet the problem is that I only have like 700 mega bytes left. I hope I get some more in the next week or so.<span id='postcolor'>

That'll be the problem then, try to free yourself about 3gb and set your swapfile to at least 750mb min 1.5gb max.