Sign in to follow this  
kronzky

SupportCall - "Cheat" module

A compatibility update for the A3 release has been posted on my site.

It fixes the issue with unlockable vehicles, and the inability to heal yourself (and gets rid of any error messages).

Air-drops are still not supported (items are placed directly on the ground), and there's no UAV support yet.

Once those issues are fixed, I'll post an update here (but I can't give any timeframe on that so far).

Also it would be cool to have artillery strike option to deal with the damn tanks.

There will probably never be an artillery option in this module (that's just too much cheating), and even if, it will be very slow, and only possible after you've thoroughly scouted out an area (i.e. you've spotted the majority of OPFORs at the drop site), so it'll be fairly useless against tanks.

I am also noticing the issue with guns not having sights on them, maybe just have it so you can airdrop in ammo crates and such?

I will look into the droppable optics issue, to see if that can be handled by the module.

Ok, the issues described above have all been fixed, and whoever is interested can download a beta version of build 2.0 here:

http://kronzky.info/addons/supportcall/supportcalla3_2.0beta.zip

It now includes proper air-drops again, shows all variants of the different weapons, supports UAVs, and fixes some more minor compatibility issue with Arma 3.

You might notice that some items have been changed a bit:

The Intel troop information now isn't split into Blufor, OPFOR and independents anymore, but only into "friends" and "enemies", since the setFriend command now seems to work, and is heavily used in the campaign (where your opponents often are listed as civilians). The Intel menu also gives you an option to see the total troop counts for all sides, to get a better overview.

The "Boomerang" feature (shot detector under Intel) is now always active (you don't have to go through the initialization routine anymore) — as soon as you open the Support Call dialog it will analyze incoming fire.

I'm still not perfectly happy with the weapons list though, as it lists a lot of weapons that are hard to tell apart. They all have the same name, same optics, and same ammo, but do have different class names; so until I figure out a way of either properly distinguishing or filtering them, I now display their class name as a tooltip, that's shown when you hover over the preview image.

I've tested the beta with a few of the new campaign missions, and it seems to work ok, but if you run into any issues, please post them here or send me a PM.

P.S. In case you have problems dropping aircraft or boats, please re-download the beta again — that issue has been fixed.

Edited by Kronzky

hello, 

i'm new to this mod, its very awesome, loving it, having fun exploring the map, but i got stack on the first mission - survive: drawdown 2035, 

after i unlocked and  entered  a STRIDER MRAP, and explored a little bit, ssgt adams appeared and rode in the vehicle, (not concern at the time besides i got a gunner now :lol:   )

problem came when i was done exploring and proceeded to the forest where we should be heading, nothing is happening,  

is there a way to skip a TASK? so i can move on, or a way to resume the deadline/TASK?

moving forward.......

after ssgt adams died, and you link up with another team,

i've encountered a strange behavior on the AI (not sure if it's a bug or just a result of the 

modification)

after taking over as group leader 

- all AIs will go prone (always), - tried this to ssgt adams he also goes prone  :lol:

- they will not shoot at live enemy, but will shoot at dead enemy,

The campaign missions can be very sensitive to the presence of mods. I remember not making it past a roadblock, where my driver was supposed to go talk to an officer, unless I had no mods loaded.

I just tried "recruiting nearest" in a simple scenario and they are quite willing to engage after coming under my command