Sign in to follow this  
Archosaurusrev

AI can drive, finally.

Thank you, BIS.

I was expecting the AI to suck at driving, but I was shocked when I put two cars in a town, gave them a single waypoint a few miles away and they got there fast with only some small slowing down because the lead car sped off.

You have redeemed yourself, this was so horrible in previous games, bar OFP1.

Hopefully they don't steal vehicles from us :p

The AI drives pretty reckless as well. Try setting up a race with a couple of Civilian offroads from one end of Stratis to the other and give them a bit of a head start, theyre incredibly tough to overtake and they will try to get you get past you with all theyve got. Its actually a lot of fun setting up those races, feels more like a race game than a milsim =)

I was having some trouble myself. Sitting as a gunner in an Ifrit I ordered my driver to take me from the airfield to some arbitrary place on the other side of the island. He made two turns then got 'stuck' for no reason in a completely clear area trying to wiggle back and forth for 2 minutes. Maybe it was just a fluke though.

Atleast direct control of AI seems to be tons better.

ROFLLLL

I remember that one... I really laughed my ass off. That dude was drunk off his mind.