Sign in to follow this  
pappalitto

How does one turn off the thermal or IR image in the in-gunner PIP?

I know you can simply click 0 and it will go to the full gunner view in both armored vehicles, but I was curious to find out a way to simply watch the PIP without thermal imaging.

'N' cycles through the available view options when zoomed in on the screen.

That is for when you click 0, not unzoomed, showing all the cockpit and PIP display.

I think PIP currently comes in just the default two flavors, thermal or not, and ther eis no changing em, at least not yet.

Without pressing 0 (or B in my case) the N button is used to active NVG if you have them.

I think PIP currently comes in just the default two flavors, thermal or not, and ther eis no changing em, at least not yet.

You can make it not thermal in the PIP?

There is no way, I believe, as that is probably not the way it's supposed to be used.

The other question is: why the hell can't I enter "optics" mode by pressing Right Mouse Button while in the vehicle. Both RMB and Num0 are set as the optics, yet only Num0 works in the vehicle. I almost thought there is no way to actually look through the screen at first. Had to try every single button on my keyboard.

I hope this gets fixed. I hate inconsistencies like this one.

without scripting no

name setPiPEffect [effect, optionalParam1, ..., optionalParamN]

• 0: normal (HDR)
  • 1: NV
  • 2: TI
  • 3: Color correction
  • 4: Mirror

The other question is: why the hell can't I enter "optics" mode by pressing Right Mouse Button while in the vehicle. Both RMB and Num0 are set as the optics, yet only Num0 works in the vehicle.

It is a classic "bug" that was already present in Arma 2. On most static weapons and turret it is not possible to enter the optics mode by pressing the right mouse button but it will work with any other binding you add.

I think it may be related to the fact that RMB have several other bindings on it (zoom, designate target) that are incompatible and maybe disabling some of these extra bindings (like zoom) may solve the problem.