Sign in to follow this  
TheOnlyX

Sabotaging Vehicles

In the underwater showcase, you have an optional objective of sabotaging the enemy boat. This is totally fine and you can do it, but my question is why I can not do it in the editor. I have the explosives, etc. but I do not get an option to sabotage the boat when under it. Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it?

Nothing is broken, it is a custom script made for the mission so when you get close to the boat it gives you the option. Unless you have this script in your mission folder you won't have the sabotage option.

So then how do you plant the bombs, etc. on the boat? You're supposed to be able to do that, unless it's not available in the alpha. I'll try the satchel to see if that makes a difference, but I have a feeling it won't...

Did you read this part??

...it is a custom script made for the mission...

That was sabotaging.....derp. I was talking about planting explosives.

So... tried this earlier, doesn't seem you can attach explosives onto a vehicle it self?

Attaching explosives to vehicles is, as loose stated, a SCRIPT, not an in-game feature. It's rather easy to script in perhaps an addaction that removes your explosives and plants them on the vehicle or boat, and then detonating 40 seconds later, but it's not something that appears in game to my knowledge.

Explosive placement is not scripted, there are spots you can place them on the boats when standing at the waters edge. See above post for tracker issue. Sabotage in the mission is a different action that is scripted.

Edited by Pathetic_Berserker

Attaching explosives to vehicles is, as loose stated, a SCRIPT, not an in-game feature. It's rather easy to script in perhaps an addaction that removes your explosives and plants them on the vehicle or boat, and then detonating 40 seconds later, but it's not something that appears in game to my knowledge.

They shouldn't advertise that as a feature then if it was just a script I saw at E3's showcase.

Pretty sure its not just a script, because even in the satchels description... it says "attach to vehicle"

It'll probably be in a later part of the alpha or beta.

Its not only scripted, there are spots you can place them on the boats when standing at the waters edge. See above post for tracker issue.

Voted.

It would be a neat feature.