k3lt

Low CPU utilization & Low FPS

the benchmark is a joke. I think its a flyover with tons of ai so its heavily cpu-bottlenecked. A GTX570 faster than a HD7970 gig edition.... the tester was an unpaid trainee...no joke...lol

he created a scenario and ran it at the 'ultra', 'high', and 'standard' presets. that 'ultra' preset puts everything on ultra, 8x AA, and objects at 3200. the 'standard' numbers are pretty consistent with what I see in more busy scenarios

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/screenshots/original/2013/09/Arma3_Bench_Standard-pcgh.png

Edited by daze23

This is absurd, I bought a game that i cant even play on low and i have recommended system specs. This is the biggest rip off in the gaming industry. Even WarZ is not bad as this game, i can at least play WarZ. Minimum system requirements for this game should be i7 extreme edition.

Is there any prospect of them paying attention to this thread/issue? I'm new to the Arma series and I don't know how responsive they are to these kinds of issues. It seems as if this affecting an incredibly large amount of players and this issue has been well documented going back 192 pages. Guess I'm just curious whether or not to hold out hope.

My Specs:

MSI z87 gd-65

i7 4770k w/ h100i

16gb ddr3 1866 ram

SLI Gtx 780 superclocked ACX Cooler

Coolermaster HAF X

Windows 7 64bit

I believe they are trying something with the network bubble in DayZ and if that works we can expect better performance in Arma 4. I dont think they will bother with arma 3 anymore.

Is there any prospect of them paying attention to this thread/issue? I'm new to the Arma series and I don't know how responsive they are to these kinds of issues. It seems as if this affecting an incredibly large amount of players and this issue has been well documented going back 192 pages. Guess I'm just curious whether or not to hold out hope.

My Specs:

MSI z87 gd-65

i7 4770k w/ h100i

16gb ddr3 1866 ram

Coolermaster HAF X

Windows 7 64bit

I wouldn't hold out hope. Possible, but it's been like this for years.

My Specs:

MSI z87 gd-65

i7 4770k w/ h100i

16gb ddr3 1866 ram

Coolermaster HAF X

Windows 7 64bit

the problem is not a tweaking and tuning issue it is a core issue with the engine not being able to scale across multiple core properly (parallel processing) this would require a significant rewrite of the engine core which is not gong to happen for ARMA 3 , performance in arma 3 is hinged around single core speed/architecture and an SSD.

yep, after some testing I gained all of 1-2 frames turning 4x AA off. I just leave it on so I feel like my gpu's being used

anyway, pcgameshardware.de put up a benchmark

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Arma-3-PC-236876/Specials/Arma-3-Technik-Test-1087829/

I really want to see someone who knows how RV engine handles things to make good tests. Most of the times you see that reviewers go too far with view and object distances and presets are really a joke in Arma.

Hi,

This realase doesn't improve my FPS.

I have 20 FPS maximum!

Low options pic: http://imagesia.com/2013-09-12-00010_bhn8

Low FPS pic: http://imagesia.com/2013-09-12-00009_bhn9

High pic: http://imagesia.com/2013-09-12-00006_bhna

High options pic: http://imagesia.com/2013-09-12-00008_bhnb

I had only 20 FPS maximum on these pic. I know it's write 85 FPs on low detail, but this is false, Overwolf wrote 20 fps...

I closed my Logitech software gaming, but it didn't improved my fps :/

Hardware:

AMD 1090T 3.2GHz

ATI 6950 2GO

6Go DDR3 Kingston 2000mhZ

Mouse: G-500 Logitech

Keyboard: Logitech G-19.

Windows 8 64Bits.

Kis 2013

I don't know what to do... Playing with 800*600 and low details don't change my FPS ...

I really want to see someone who knows how RV engine handles things to make good tests. Most of the times you see that reviewers go too far with view and object distances and presets are really a joke in Arma.

You don't really a degree to do a simple test:

- Turn ALL the options to minimum;

- Set your resolution to 800x600;

- Go on 50 different servers with tenth users aboard (just to exclude the possibility to hit a bad server.. or eventually install a server yourself);

...with ANY game, lowering all the sets at that level (making it almost unplayable) you'll end to have HUNDREDS of fps with a fair setup... well I did the same with 3.8ghz CPU and TWO 780 (beside the SSD, 24GB of RAM.. and the whole package)... do you want to know how much my fps have changed? I'm ashamed to post the result... but im sure you guessed it.

But isnt resolution done by the GPU anyway? So all this changing resolution isnt going to help anything. It is the simple fact that the engine cant use current systems properly.

3 CPU cores going to bed while one is doing the work and my GPU needs a blanket because there is nothing going on there.

I can force the GPU to work harder but there is no profit in it, since beyond a certain point the CPU single Core cant keep up.

So in the eyes of BI perhaps it is our fault because we have the wrong systems!?

My PC build is intel - i7 on 3,07 GHz, 8Gb RAM, Nvidia GTX460 1Gb.... on Stratis island on full HD resolution and standards video setup (not ultra) i have 50 FPS.... on Altris i have only 9 .... can someone help me whats wrong? If game or my PC build or WTF... Thx all ...

the presets offer a standard though. remember that their goal is to test the same settings and scenario on different gpu's. the 'standard' preset sets everything on 'standard', turns off AA, and puts objects at 1300. is there some setting that would really help much with performance beyond that?

Altis lowers FPS greatly in general, but what is your view distance set to? If you can run Stratis on 50FPS you should be able to get a solid 30FPS on Altis with 2KM view distance.

I wouldn't hold out hope. Possible, but it's been like this for years.

That's pretty demoralizing, we'll never be able to play this game as a group and have a decent experience.

If the cores were the issue then wouldn't draw distance reduction result in an increase in frame rate? We have done some testing on this and it has zero affect on FPS. As a result, does this not mean that it is a server side issue?

Edited by Covert-OPs

Hi, first i have to said that my english is not good so sorry in advance..

When i Play the map altis my Computer lags after a few minutes.. I have no idea why this happen because if i Play the map stratis everything runs without Problems with a graphic Settings of "high"..

With These lags its not possible to Play the game and the most Server in the multiplayer mode Plays on altis..

Ive already tried to Play altis with "Low" Graphic Settings but it had the same effect of lags..

Someone know what i have to do ?

thanks, Kalu.

Hi, first i have to said that my english is not good so sorry in advance..

When i Play the map altis my Computer lags after a few minutes.. I have no idea why this happen because if i Play the map stratis everything runs without Problems with a graphic Settings of "high"..

With These lags its not possible to Play the game and the most Server in the multiplayer mode Plays on altis..

Ive already tried to Play altis with "Low" Graphic Settings but it had the same effect of lags..

Someone know what i have to do ?

thanks, Kalu.

Wait for the dev-branch patch on monday.

Wait for the dev-branch patch on monday.

And you expect the dev branch to do what exactly? solve all his problems? OP, sorry, you might be dealing with bad performance without any improvements. Yeah, it's tough to say, but that's been the norm for a while now.

And you expect the dev branch to do what exactly? solve all his problems? OP, sorry, you might be dealing with bad performance without any improvements. Yeah, it's tough to say, but that's been the norm for a while now.

Dev branch patch will fix memory leak issues that cause problems on Altis, so yes it will fix his specific problems regarding Altis.

If the cores were the issue then wouldn't draw distance reduction result in an increase in frame rate? We have done some testing on this and it has zero affect on FPS. As a result, does this not mean that it is a server side issue?

object distance has more of an effect than draw distance

Same problem for my OCed i5 2500K... one core is around 80-90%, other 3 are at 40-50%. fps in single player and coop with friend in missions is flawless. In multiplayer is hardly enjoyable, almost unplayable. For me absolutely unplayable. Cant feel like playing shooter with harsh fps :/

Unbelievable.

How could they even release a game in this shape? I spent 700$ on a new computer solely for the purpose of playing this game, and I cant even play online now.

I have an fx6300 overclocked with a 7950, and I get 20fps if I'm lucky online.

Definitely want a refund.

I spent 700$ on a new computer solely for the purpose of playing this game

Welp.

not happy,

Did discovered if I host multiplayer mission the frame rate improved slightly.

Penfolde

Welp.

Twat.

Unbelievable.

How could they even release a game in this shape? I spent 700$ on a new computer solely for the purpose of playing this game, and I cant even play online now.

I have an fx6300 overclocked with a 7950, and I get 20fps if I'm lucky online.

Definitely want a refund.

sorry mate but A3 needs the best single core speed and architecture it can get :( he best advice i can give you is to reduce view and object distance get and SSD (if you dont already have one) and try to play on servers with less than 50 people.

Now because the game engine is maxed out even the smallest scripting error can cause big problems so it is best to try alot of different servers and game types till you find the sweet spot.