gossamersolid

Arma 3 Notepad++ Syntax Highlighting

Hi guys,

unfortunately this post is not a new version. As some of you might have been expecting an update for 2.14, I wanted to let you know that it is coming when Biki is updated with all the latest commands and functions. I contacted Lou about it a few weeks ago but he doesn't appear to be very active around here lately so if anyone is involved in updating Biki, I would appreciate a note somewhere when that process is complete, such as 2.14 entry in new commands section and perhaps a post about it in some thread here on forums. Do we even have an active, up to date related thread other then Offline Wiki?

Various SPOTREPs have also proven to be incomplete in the past so I'm not relying on that much.

If anyone has a reliable method of compiling all supported, newly added commands and functions though, please, feel free to share. Perhaps BI can just dump all the commands in plain text somewhere for uses such as this while Biki is being organized.

That's about it, version above for 2.12 still works as intended though, naturally.

• Like 1

Not sure it's exhaustive but if you follow the dev hub https://dev.arma3.com/ and browse the last sitrep and spotrep, you'll find the new command. As you said, perhaps not reliable but picking one as backpacks can lead to 2.14 icons then on all registered 2.14 in BIKI (at this time). Not yet on new scripting command so far.

• Thanks 1

Ah, yes, nice find Pierre, how convoluted. I was looking for that page - Introduced with Arma 3 - that I had bookmarked in the past but at some point, things got shifted around a bit. I was using it to add only the corresponding commands in the past but at eventually with Leopard we figured that these version entries were missing a bunch of stuff for their very versions. So I stopped relying on that as well and started replacing everything with this for each new version which was the most complete up until now. There have been new entries over past few weeks and currently at 2606. But there is hardly a way to tell if that is it. On bottom of that page it states: "This page was last edited on 5 May 2021, at 08:37." which is clearly not the case or counts for different type of edits since few weeks ago, we were below 2600.

Regardless, the list seems to contain all the commands from 2.14 entry so I updated the whole thing. There is also one new magic var, no new functions though. So, here you go:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19dbpqVyWBnxdvRzOa1GaNLkk-iWRPF1T/view?usp=sharing

A while ago in another thread, some people have been wondering about Notepad++ Dark Theme/Mode and while I fixed these files to be dark background compatible back in 2016 or so, I'm happy to report that nowadays Notepad++ also has Dark Mode. To enable it, first you need to have at least version ~8.4, then navigate:

Settings >> Preferences >> Dark Mode (tab) >> Select Dark Mode or Follow Windows if you're using Global Dark Theme on Windows 10 or newer.

Here is an example of one of Pierre's many scripts with my custom N++ global theme:

WhZ0iPI.png

• Like 3