Sign in to follow this  
WareWolf

Object id of factory building at cd52

It seems that all other objects on the map, even the hangars right next to the factory, report back correct values for getDammage.... but the one object that I want to getDammage on (the factory building in CD52, ?'object 149'?) reports zero at all times, even when totally wrecked.

I assume here that the displayed ID number is wrong, so please does anyone know what is the correct ID number to test for damage to that building?

Well, I'm assuming that you are using "Show ID" in the editor. And if that's the ID that shows up, it's the correct one.

thx for replies guys, but no neither have solved the problem - the grouped-trigger method also works fine on the hangars, and any other building that I have tried so far - BUT NOT on the stooopid factory object in between the hangars (object 149) at map ref CD52.. strange one this - I still reckon it might be that the editor isnt displaying the full number? or could it be a composite object that is in reality made of several components like the old office+hangars are? if so is there a way of destruct-testing those composites?

It appears there is something wrong in the object ids, a forest object at map grid Fg56/Ff56 also has objectid 149

Yep i agree,

Just been testing to group a trigger with the factory

(that still worked); used it as: not present with

a titletext message, and the message appeared,

once i started the mission.

So for some reason, the factory is not present as a

static Object.

Same happened by the way with a house in Vidlakov

(the town with the nice docks). There's a house

where you can walk onto a kind of platform beside.

This house also activated the trigger, once the mission

started.

~S~ CD